 Robotics / 26138
Re: Have you got your NXT yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 02:07:19 GMT

Got 4 a few days ago and gave a couple of kits to my advanced robot kids at our
summer camps. Actually, they were quite underwhelmed. They didn't like the new
motor structure and felt instructions weren't correct and prefer the Mindstorms
old programming environment.

I attribute some of this to kids not liking new things--these are kids who have
been in our programs for awhile. Also, they were so excited about the new system
it was bound not to meet expectations.I haven't had a chance to play myself,
though no IR Towers will be a great benefit to my business (running multiple
downloads at the same time will no longer be a nightmare). I just thought I'd
post the kids' impressions so that you teachers out there will expect initial
scepticism. Once we get some curriculum using the new features, I think they
will warm up to them.

Tom Marx
Bits, Bytes & Bots Franchising, Inc.
www.bitsbytesbots.com