 Publishing / Brick Journal / 246
Re: BrickJournal 9 is OUT, as well as other news!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.brickjournal
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2007 02:10:35 GMT

In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, James Trobaugh wrote:
In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, Allan Johansen wrote:
I wish I could help, but I probably can’t. If I ever find a solution, I’ll write
a book about it and make millions.

Why wouldn't you just give the book away for free?

I just knew that someone would ask that. Well, it’s because...

Perhaps it’s just a symptom of our time. There aren’t many people who’re willing
to work for free.

I'm pretty sure that "people not working for free" has been a constant through
out time, not just now days. I know that my boss would love it if I worked for
free but my mortgage company wouldn't be so hip to the idea.

...there’s working for free and there’s working for free.

The big difference is that going to work isn’t volunteer work. I go to work
because I need the money. Otherwise I wouldn’t bother - it’s not that good a job
anyway.
However, if I ever were to write an article for the BrickJournal, I would do so
for free. Because it’s something I don’t have to do to make a living. Because
it’s something I do, voluntarily, for other AFOLs. Because it’s something that I
would be doing for fun...