 Publishing / Brick Journal / 227
Re: BrickJournal 9 is OUT, as well as other news!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.brickjournal
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:21:10 GMT

In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, William R. Ward wrote:
   In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, Joe Meno wrote:
   In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, William R. Ward wrote:

(snip)

Wait one cotton-pickin’ minute here. You mean the old issues are no longer free?!!!????!!

I totally understand about charging for new content starting with issue 10. But issues 1-8 were released without any indication that they would ever not be freely available.

I did bring this up here:

http://news.lugnet.com/publish/brickjournal/?n=175

You posted a reply here:

http://news.lugnet.com/publish/brickjournal/?n=178

and I stated my position here:

http://news.lugnet.com/publish/brickjournal/?n=179

If BrickJournal is to be a sustainable enterprise, I will need to make as many revenue streams as possible.

Joe

That thread was talking about the new issues (from issue 10 onward). I’m talking about the existing issues that were previously made available for free. Once something’s been released for free, it seems wrong to me to start charging for it later.

This was a decision that was made after it was pointed out to me by the publisher that a free issue in any form will undercut any selling issue. As for the revenue itself, it will be going to subsidizing print compendiums of back issues.

I am sorry that you thought otherwise.

Joe