 General / 47435
Re: Update: Universal colors - beginnings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 03:32:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:
Many people have asked what colors are currently considered "universal" or
locked. This means that these colors will almost certainly never be changed.
... the universal colors will include:

- red
- green
- blue
- yellow
- white
- black
- new light gray
- new dark gray
- new brown

This list will grow from what I understand, as decisions are made internally in
the next couple of weeks about what colors do should be added to this list.

But for sure, the colors above are locked, and considered universal.

Edited with extreme limitations!

Thank you senior fan, previous employee, inner circle contact and virtual
Train-head, Jake.

Okay, I can see a trend starting here with everybody's message replies, but I
have to add 2 cents also.

I LOVE the current Tan color.  Change it and that's a death bell.  It's too new
and I have not built up a large enough supply, YET. :o)

On the Universal green, would that cover both colors of green common to
folliage???  The lighter and the darker???  See sets 4588  Off-Road Race Track,
and 4727  Aragog in the Dark Forest for shade comparisons (no pun!).

As I have said before, if you are going to introduce and mass produce the New
Dark/Light Greys and Brown, you had better leave them alone for a very long time
so I (and others) can build up a opposing supply to match our "Real Dark/Light
Grey and Brown".  I need at least as much new grey as I have old grey to make
structures convincing.  That is, if TLC (LEGO) wants me to buy new product.  New
colors either go away as a very bad dream NOW, or stay for a very long time
(i.e. 20 years+).

Another color that you need to add to your list is the recent Red Clay Tan color
that appears in the 7194  Yoda, 4728  Escape from Privet Drive, 4719  Quality
Quidditch™ Supplies and 4756  Shrieking Shack sets.  That's a good color to
leave alone so we can build it up.

Other than that, I am shocked still at the apparent lack of concern for the 1x1
Brown Tile that never made it to production in the classic color.  :o(

-Aaron-
Owner of Far Too Much ABS (BRICK) Product.