 General / 47392
Re: LEGO sucks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 18:33:36 GMT

"Dirk Meier" <dirk.meier@surfeu.de> wrote in message
news:HxB097.1A8r@lugnet.com...
Jake,

please, please shut up! Do you believe what you are writing?
We don`t need your way of community development.
I give you a good hint: Look for another job!

We don`t trust in any word from you nor TLC. Tomorrow white will die, then
red, then....

TLC really sucks! German AFOLs are very annoyed!

You are now loosing your most loyal fans.

Dirk

Okay - timeout.
Really.
There is absolutely no need for that.
Whatever the AFOLs concerns are with new colors, there is absolutely no need
for that.

Just think about it for a minute - without Jake, the LEGO company would
hardly know that we exist as a group.
I met Jake once and within just a few minutes of talking to him, I can
honestly say that he has our best interests at heart. He is an AFOL himself,
not just some corporate guy who has little interest in his position.
You may want Jake to look for another job, but I certainly don't. Jake
literally fights tooth and nail to make the company aware of us adult LEGO
fans - it is a slow job, but he is making a lot of progress. That the
company is doing anything for us is directly because of the Jakes, Brads and
Kates of this world. Personally I wish there were more of them in the
company.

Without this representation, we wouldn't even have anyone to complain to
about the new colors other than to ourselves. The LEGO company certainly
wouldn't be aware of the fans concerns to the extent that they now are and
they certainly wouldn't be talking about producing a limited range of items
in the old colors.

TLC have made some amazing inroads to helping serve us adult fans better and
I am sure there is a lot more to come.
Is it perfect? No, of course not - but LEGO is a big company, we are a niche
area for them and like a big ship, it takes a long time to change course,
but they are doing so and are gaining momentum.
I don't see many other companies doing so much for a section of their
customers that the product wasn't originally intended for.

Jake - hopefully you realise that despite how passionate we may get over
things, most of us don't feel quite as extreme as Dirk.

Richard.
www.briktrak.com