 General / 47397
Re: LEGO sucks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 19:32:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dirk Meier wrote:
Jake tries his best - I know, but I cannot imagine he is really believing
what he is writing. Then he could not be an AFOL.
For him it must be frustrating. So this was my intention to give him the
hint to look for a new job. No one could bare this load.

I think Jake is honest with us and passes along any information that is
important to the community, whether good or bad. I'm sure he believes it.

Normally I write nice and calm postings, but this evening I understood that
my hobby just end in these days.
This makes me crazy. And it really annoys me - let say hurts me deeply. It's
too late now for constructive criticism.

Well, let's put this into perspective. LEGO is a hobby to most of us. We usually
can't make a living with it, so it's just a fun hobby. If changes in LEGO's
products make you this nuts, then you're taking it too seriously.

I think we should all be very grateful that Jake's job exists and that he
communicates with us as he does. As a lot of us have observed, companies don't
usually interact with their fans to the extent LEGO does.

Jake has done a terrific job and I applaud him.

Then there is a cultural difference. Germans tell what they think. Americans
are always nice. Germans are straight ahead.
If you could read german, then read the the today 1000steine postinga. The
air is hot there!

Despite what culture you belong to, there is a common sense of courtesy and
gratitude. Everyone should feel that. And there are definitely better and more
intelligent ways of expressing yourself than stating "LEGO Sucks".

-TJ