 General / 47471
47470  |  47472
Subject:
Hibernation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 16:56:27 GMT

Hi Kevin,

I like your direct style!
Yes I am an adult, and I'm mature. But no longer a fan of LEGO.
It was not my intention to annoy any AFOL!
Sorry, if this was a result of my postings!
Then it even would have been better not to write a single line.

I will take your invitation for another hobby.
Yesterday I have realized that I should stop now.
I didn`t pick a brick for playing now for nearly half a year (with the
exception of some hours on a saturday in March).
The one and only reason is the colour change. I don't trust LEGO anymore.
And I will no longer indirectly support LEGO by presenting MOCs in the
Internet or in public meetings. But this was the most funny part of the
hobby.

For my next hobby I will make sure, that there is a second source!

Yes, I will put all my bricks to my storage - thanks to Jeff for the correct
translation ;-)
No I will not sell them. May in some weeks, some months, some years or some
decades,
LEGO comes back with the old (before 2004) colours and concepts.
Then - maybe - I will be prepared to return.
But I don`t see this.
My quote was alway "I don't sell (my) LEGO".  This is now the motto of LEGO?

Then about Jake. I could not agree to what he was writing. He takes me for a
ride (correct translation for "verarschen" ? - Jeff?).
"Universal colours" - "they will stay forever". Bullshit!

I really had a good time in the last years as an AFOL. Really enjoyed the
meetings. But as always you have to know when to stop.
Maybe I should have stopped two days ago?!

If anybody is interested in my photos on brickshelf I shot in the LEGOLAND
parks and on several meetings, be quick! I will delete this unwanted LEGO
advertising in the next weeks to save space on Kevin M. Loch`s server!

Thanxs for listening to me.

The bricks stopped rolling for me.
Dirk "Rollingbricks"

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
In lugnet.general, Dirk Meier wrote:
Jake,

please, please shut up! Do you believe what you are writing?
We don`t need your way of community development.
I give you a good hint: Look for another job!

We don`t trust in any word from you nor TLC. Tomorrow white will die, • then
red, then....

TLC really sucks! German AFOLs are very annoyed!

You are now loosing your most loyal fans.

Dirk

Dirk,

  Are you *sure* your an *adult* fan of LEGO?  I don't doubt the "fan of • LEGO"
part, but I do seriously question the adult part.

  Are you saying you are more loyal than me?  I'm sure not going anywhere. • More
colors mean more options.

  I invite you to look for another hobby, rather than Jake looking for • another
job.

  You need to understand the Jake has no control over what is happening. • He is
not in a position to make any decisions.  He can report what we fans say, • and
report what the decision makers decide.  To attack him because you do not • like
the decisions made by the decision makers is breaking one of those basic • life
lessons:  "Don't shoot the messenger".

  Your post shows a distinct lack of maturity.  I thought I was intense, • but
you've got me beat by a long shot.

  Feel free to send me all your lego when you give up the hobby.  I'll pay • for
the shipping.

  I'm an american that speaks his mind.  Maybe that is the bull headed • german
that I got from my Grandma Hoffman, or maybe that is my short tempered • isrish
blood from Grandpa Clague.

Kevin