 General / 47589
Re: Update: Universal colors - beginnings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 20:26:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Alfred Speredelozzi wrote:
Of course, at some level, its a matter of opinion, so maybe I am in the
minority.  However, I have heard discussion from people who seem to be a lot
more interested in colors than I, that the sand colors were mixes of the base
color and original lt grey.

If that's true, it would still mean that the three sand-colors I cited are mixes
of grey and a color from the cool end of the spectrum, much like the bleys.  I
actually held dark-bley up against all three of those colors just to confirm
that they don't actually look all that bad together.  And yet that still doesn't
comfort me much in light of the fact that dark-bley looks horrible with white
and blue.

Honestly, light bley doesn't look different enough to me with any other
color except old light grey.

I really only bothered to compare dark-bley because it even looks odd by itself.
However, true light-grey is reportedly the second most common color in LEGO
history, even though it's not one of the original five colors.  Even if that's
the only color that doesn't go with light-bley (it doesn't look very good with
true dark-grey either), that's still pretty significant.