 General / 47436
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 03:43:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Gregory wrote:
I have to disagree.  Shop@Home is available in enough countries that I'm sure
that the majority of shoppers DO have access to a method of buying them.

Same coin, different side.  He's not talking about places where S@H is
available, but places where it isn't.  S@H is available in a whopping 19
countries, which are currently restricted to portions of North America, Oceania,
and Western Europe (including both Germany and Austria, which at various times
have been associated with Western, Central, or Eastern Europe).  The Czech
Republic and South Korea can't even order S@H even though they actually make
some of the bricks now.  Central/South America, Africa, the Middle East, Asia,
and the eastern majority of Europe are out of luck (and you can bet that LEGO
Stores are few and far between in those regions).  And from everything I've
heard, Oceania's access to S@H isn't really worth considering for casual orders.
Not only are the prices roughly twice as high in AUD as they are in USD, but
since their orders are processed in Europe instead of locally, they have to pay
exhorbitant shipping rates (20-40 AUD if you don't mind waiting up to 18 days
for your shipment to arrive, and 50-90 AUD if you absolutely need it within 4-8
days) whenever they do use the S@H service.