 General / 33403
Re: TLC recalls 6776
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 04:09:05 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In light of recent events, TLC is about to recall 6776 Ogel Control
Center.

I just put this set together a few days ago and I must say, I think it's a
good idea that they recall the set anyway, and NOT because of the WTC disaster.

What is LEGO accomplishing by recalling this set. This set doesn't offend
me, it was put out long before the disater and I don't feel it is callous of
them to keep it on the shelves. It's like puttong away everything in your
home that reminds you of a realative that has just passed away. It's
ridiculous. There isn't even a resemblence of the WTC in the cartoon, just a
cityscape.

You might as well not teach History in our schools anymore either. There has
been far more bloodshed on our soil way before this ever happened, and
although this was tragic, it happened, and it's not the tragic event that
just happened, but what we do as a country now, that's the most important.

I read on ESPN that during a soccer game in Western Europe,I believe it was
the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden area, they played the National Anthem and
the fans booded and hissed and tried to torch an American flag.
Disgusting!!! So, I ask, since LEGOS are made in Western Europe,
Denmark...whatever. Maybe we should stop buying LEGOS alltogether, or maybe
LEGO should recall all their soccor sets...How about it!!! It's ignorant. To
tell you the truth, I was disappointed that the NFL cancelled the games for
that following Sunday, I think people would of rather watched that, than the
WTC crumbling to the ground some 200 times. I think we would of enjoyed the
break.

If I sound like I'm not sensitive, I'm sorry. My parents live in NY and work
for the state and I couldn't reach them for quite some time...I was concerned.

Have you seen the trailor for the new Spiderman movie, where the crooks are
caught in a web that that spun beteen the twin towers of the WTC. That, my
friend, is a SYMBOL, not a distraction. A symbol because we WILL prevail, we
WILL catch the bad guys, and we WILL show the world that we are strong and
that these events didn't weaken us as a nation, but made us stronger!!!

God Bless America