 General / 33348
Re: TLC recalls 6776
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 16:40:43 GMT

Hey, does anyone have a picture or so of this??  I don't really believe that
one person showing their disgruntlement that would make TLC recall this set
world wide.  Thanks alot!

~Evan

Hello, Along with the picture posted on Brickshelf, the cartoon section of the
directions depict Ogel's flying craft heading across a body of water towards a
high rise city skyline. Subsequent pictures are of Ogel's "bombs" dropping into
the crowd and frightened people below.

IMHO, someone is a little hyper sentative. It's a toy! There was no intent on
the part of TLG. One the other hand, I understand the recall from a business
perspective.

I spoke to the Lego Outlet in Virginia today asking for the set, they told me
they were not allowed to sell any, that the set would be re-released later in
the year after a sticker was put on the box and new directions printed. I also
spoke with S@H and got basically the same information and was reassured the set
out be on the shelves again about November. I am only reporting what I was
told.

Fortunately, I got three of them last week. :)

Melanie