 General / 33409
Re: TLC recalls 6776 (the person who complained)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:33:26 GMT

In article <GKDL8z.4wF@lugnet.com>,

"I noticed immediately on the front it was a tower that collapsed when a
plane hit it," Berry said.

Lego's latest set of interlocking blocks is called The Alpha Team. It's a
series that features a figure named Evil Ogel.
His goal is to kill people and destroy cities across the world. It's not the
type of thoughts that Berry wanted for her
son.

"I told him we don't want to play with things that deal with killing innocent
people," she said.

Wow. These lines lead me to believe that the person is a moron, and is
reading her own ideas into the toy.

The front of the box obviously shows Ogel's rocketship zooming past his
Command Center. It's not even pointed toward the tower. One of the side
panels of the box show Ogel falling off the top of the tower if the
supports are knocked over. The rocketship is not involved in this scene.

Neither the box nor the package show anyone being killed, or any cities
being destroyed.

It's true, the cartoon in the instructions show Ogel dropping his gas
orb thingys into a city, where people are changed into his minions.

But the woman made no mention of this. She called LEGO based on her own
knee-jerk misinterpretation to the outside of the package.

This kind of idiocy just makes me sick.

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations