 General / 33364
Re: Bought one today (recalled set 6776)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 00:43:02 GMT

Stopped by KMart (Belleville, IL, east of St. Louis) on the way home from work
today, mainly to check to see how long their "Buy One Get One 1/2 Price" sale
was going to last (it ended yesterday, doh!).  And today they have about SIX of
these on the shelves, but at $48.99 I could not see spending the money even for
one.  Funny thing, they were NOT on the selves during the before Friday (last
time I was in this KMart)...

In lugnet.general, David Simmons writes:
Found a bunch at the TRU in Emeryville, CA today.  Great parts but the set
design is totally ignorable.  I can see why it was decided that some of the
graphics on the box and instruction sheets might upset someone.  I haven't
cared for Alpha Team from the beginning, the minifig uniforms were too busy
(except for the enemy guards, GREAT torso!), too much black and
trans-antifreeze (got plenty!), and the vehicle designs were just blah.

However, some GREAT parts in this set.  I'm planning on getting three more
eventually.  The most intesting new piece was the 4x4 turntable on a base
that had ratchet rotation action.  Very cool piece for mech joints!

Dave