 General / 33367
Re: Bought one today (recalled set 6776)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:13:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Sanburn writes:

I told her about the recall, how TLC was concerned with the graphics and the
Trade Center, and then showed her the picture in the back. She was shocked,
and said, "Well, LEGO sure has changed over the years." : (

Sometimes I wonder if these stories behind the themes are needed, but I
think the demographics are changing that their target audience might need
it. However, they end up with some pretty weird situations. This pacticular
situation is one you want to tip toe around, and I understand their
motivations, even though it seems a little rash.

Granted, the demographics have changed, which is why TLC is putting out Alpha
Team instead of 80's style benign town sets with workers fixing potholes, or
whatever.  That said, they can still be tactful and tasteful in the theme design
and the play scenarios that are suggested.  TLC has fallen a rung or two in
respectability with this set, but hopefully this will be a wake-up call that
they'll heed.

james