 General / 33366
Re: Bought one today (recalled set 6776)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:02:56 GMT

To All,

I usually don't buy sets that I am not interested in anymore, the 6776 is
one of them, but after this recall, I decided to go and get one for the novelty.

I went to the absolutely wonderful Big K-Mart in Elkhart, Indiana, right
next to the toll road, it ranks right up there with the K-Mart in Owosso,
Michigan, in terms of cleanliness, organization, etc.

They had 6 or 7 of these sets in, 48.99, and I grabbed one. I went up to the
cashier, and talked to her about the set (I am bored today!) and said, "I am
surprised these are not pulled off the shelves yet."

She asked, "why?"

I told her about the recall, how TLC was concerned with the graphics and the
Trade Center, and then showed her the picture in the back. She was shocked,
and said, "Well, LEGO sure has changed over the years." : (

Sometimes I wonder if these stories behind the themes are needed, but I
think the demographics are changing that their target audience might need
it. However, they end up with some pretty weird situations. This pacticular
situation is one you want to tip toe around, and I understand their
motivations, even though it seems a little rash.

Scott S.