 General / 33330
Re: TLC recalls 6776
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 16:31:41 GMT

Hello from Canada,

Just called the LEGO store at our local factory outlet mall to see whether
they were in stock.  The young lady on the phone immediately told me the
sets were pulled off the shelves.  When I asked whether I could get one, she
gave me a quite definite "no".

I have never looked closely at the box or instructions...what seems to be
the issue?

Bob

In lugnet.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> writes:

In light of recent events, TLC is about to recall 6776 Ogel Control
Center. Word has it that a consumer was distressed over some
graphics on the box back and instructions. It will not be
re-released with new packaging.

Is this a worldwide recall, or does it only affect the US market?

And was the recall really only caused by the reactions of a single
consumer?

Fredrik