 General / 33338
Re: TLC recalls 6776
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 15:12:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Fredrik Glöckner (<qrditebv9u8.fsf@tiamat.uio.no>)
wrote at 09:44:15

"Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> writes:

In light of recent events, TLC is about to recall 6776 Ogel Control
Center. Word has it that a consumer was distressed over some
graphics on the box back and instructions. It will not be
re-released with new packaging.

Is this a worldwide recall, or does it only affect the US market?

I just tried to buy this set in a TRU in the UK, and it was coming up as
'not authorised for sale' on the till. Fortunately, they had no idea
why, and so they sold me them :-)

I had no interest in this set, or the theme, until yesterday at the
TVLF, when I discovered what a nice baseplate it has. I've always had
misgivings about the violence in this theme. I now believe this set was
unacceptable in the first place. The idea of selling a set depicting the
bombing of *anywhere* is totally unacceptable.

However, having done it, and promoted the idea of blowing up innocent
people as a play idea, they've seen the error of their ways when the
real thing happens in their biggest market. Big deal.

The hypocrites haven't even withdrawn the whole theme, just this set by
the sound of it.

--
Tony Priestman