 General / 33390
Re: TLC recalls 6776
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 18:32:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
"Suzanne D. Rich" wrote:

In light of recent events, TLC is about to recall 6776 Ogel Control
Center. Word has it that a consumer was distressed over some graphics on
the box back and instructions. It will not be re-released with new packaging.

Grab 'em while you can...

-Suz

story from AP yesterday:

http://www.azcentral.com:80/offbeat/articles/0926Attacks-Lego-ON.html

snip---
Danish toy maker Lego ordered 120,000 boxes from the Alpha Team series
withdrawn from stores after a complaint from South Carolina about the
description of Ogel's "devices" in the toy's 78-page instruction booklet.
snip---

-Suz

It surely was not Milissa or myself. (residing in Charleston, SC)

I do find the material questionable, but not to the point where Lego should
pull 120k sets from the shelves.

Besides, this set has been on the shelf for about a year.

I really find it hard to believe Lego would do this on ONE complaint!

Thanx,

Mark