 General / 14642
Re: Extraordinary style + details in a spaceship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:34:11 GMT

Ken takeuchi wrote:
I am a big fan of Syd Mead. I have most of his
portofolio books and disks except the very first
"Sentinel".

Are his book still being sold?  Does anyone know where in the U.S. one might
buy one?

I really think it could have been great if the movie
"Star Troopers" had a "powered suits" action just
like in the novel. They can fight better than the
Loader.

Yah.  I was pretty disappointed to see that the infantry in S.T. were
unarmored.  :-/  My "Mad Wabbit" model (1) was modeled very much after the
M.I. of the novel.

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  http://www.io.com/~jsproat/lego/hmsds/mw.html

The glass is half empty, rapidly evaporating,
  and breeding bacteria which will chew your skin off.
   - Benevolent and Loyal Order Of Pessimists