 General / 14629
Re: Extraordinary style + details in a spaceship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 08:51:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kurt Williams wrote:
I'd suggest any lego space fans take a look at Syd Meads design works.
Several of his books is published by Kodansha.. however they are expensive but
well worth the money. He is well known in Japan.. he even did designs for
various anime projects.

In lugnet.general, Colin Gutierrez writes:
There's also a video game for the ill-fated NEC TurboGraphix-16 called
Syd Mead's Terraforming.  I haven't gotten my hands on it yet, but it
sounds good.

I am a big fan of Syd Mead. I have most of his
portofolio books and disks except the very first
"Sentinel".
His latest work is the Japanese anime "Turn-A
Gundam" which is now about to finish the 1 year
series aired here. He did some of the "mobile suits"
robots.

The mechanics in "Aliens" have a plenty of anime
sense. The Sulaco, APC, PowerLoader and even the
handheld wapons are so cool and neatly used in the
scenes.
I really think it could have been great if the movie
"Star Troopers" had a "powered suits" action just
like in the novel. They can fight better than the
Loader.

Ken Takeuchi