 General / 14573
14572  |  14574
Subject:
Gundam (Was: Extraordinary style + details in a spaceship)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 03:28:49 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:
In lugnet.general, Ken Takeuchi writes:

My best loving anime is the MACROSS saga in ROBOTECH and STAR BLAZERS
(known as YAMATO in Japan). Of course the most of Japanese "mecha-anime"
is my favourite!

Robotech/Macross was my first experience with Anime, and I've been a big fan
ever since.  :)  I've always wanted to create a Lego Valkyrie, but I don't know
where to start.  :(

My creations are VERY influensed from them.
I always thought the official space theme models don't fit Japanese sense.
So I decided to start it myself.

Ken-tucky

I wish Lego would come out with some real mecha.  I'd love to see what their
Master Builders could do in that field!

I am a big fan of mecha also, Ken.

Have you done any mecha similar to Mobile Suit Gundam?

~Mark

Mark, being a mecha fan you probably know this, but Cartoon Network is adding
Gundam W to their Toonami lineup on March 6.  Since it will be aimed for kids,
some of the content will be edited out; *however*, they will air two unedited
episodes on Saturday nights atmidnight!  Woohoo!  :)

Jeff
http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/