 Duplo / 156
Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 20:26:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.duplo, Tobias Möller writes:
Wow, great MOC:s! They remind me of an anime I saw once, called "the planet
of the dinosaurs". That was about man and dinosaur living together, but it
was not hi-tech, it was more like the Roman Empire.

I'd love to see that!  Maybe I can find it in my local video store.  EricJ
also mentioned there is some short animated series called Cadillac Dinosaur
(or something like that) which is similar too.

Anyway, I really like the way you've used DUPLO elements together with
bricks to make those war-machines. There's just one thing I wonder: Can
that triceratops really move? He looks like he's stuck in there :-)

He can move just as well as the others!  :)

On the other hand, Triceratopses are very strong, perhaps that's why he's
carrying the heavy artillery?

Well, he's actually not carrying heavy artillery...he's got two SRM-3's but
those big things on the side are plasma turbine drill cutters.  (That's how he
gets his name Yatsuzaki, which means "to rip apart limb from limb."  :o)  The
way it works is that the drill spins at high speed and cuts the flesh, hide,
or shell of the opponent while the spinning plasma lasers emit a molecular
disruption pattern to break down the structure for easier grinding.

I also have to make a comment on those *fabulous* photos! They're sharp,
they have great colours, and they're all really enjoyable to watch! What
camera are you using? A digital one? Or a normal camera? judging by the
photo quality, the camera seems expensive.

It's a Sony Mavica FD-91, which takes 1024x768 and exports them as JPEGs on
floppy disks.  The sharpness comes from using a really bright light, which
increases the depth of field and puts more of the subject in focus.  I also
post-processed the images using The GIMP[1] and cleaned up some of the larger
dust particles and scratches that become more visible under brighter light.
The shadows and the light-brown gradient background are completely fake.

--Todd

[1] http://www.gimp.org/