 Duplo / 181
180  |  182
Subject:
Other DUPLO creatures with studs on their backs (was: Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 21:07:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.duplo, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.duplo, Todd Lehman writes:
What hunched-over animal am I thinking of then?  Must be one of the DUPLO
farm animals...maybe a tiger?  Eeyore would've been a lot of fun.

Well, I don't have the Pooh stuff but the older tiger (yellow-striped)
definitely had 4 studs on his/her back. I'm 100% sure about this, I used to
have the best time with mommy tiger and little kitty on her back...
(That was a while ago, OK?! 8-)

Four -- wow!

Well, I found some of the animals that have 1 DUPLO stud on their back --
these are what  I was getting Eeyore confused with:

From DUPLO Farm:  sheep, goats, ponies, pigs, cows, etc.  Some examples:

From DUPLO Zoo:  alligators, polar bears(?), striped yellow tigers, orange
lions, black panthers, spotted seals, elephants, etc.  Some examples:

It looks as though the DUPLO hippo and giraffe are just like Eeyore in that
they don't have any studs on their backs.  I wonder how they decide...?

The creatures from the fleshy dough-blob kids all seem to have 4 studs on
their backs:  spiders, flying yellow curly slugs, snails, and ladybugs.
Some examples:

It's getting tempting to make a ladybug mecha.  :-)

--Todd