 Duplo / 143

DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 11:00:56 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

[Not sure what ng's to crosspost this to . . . it's kinda a hodge-podge of
DUPLO and Star Wars and Castle and mecha stuff.  I guess I'll go with that.
Followups to .duplo?]

   http://www.fibblesnork.com/lego/dinotron/

These were a lot of fun to make.  Here's the secret:  The backs of the DUPLO
dinos, it turns out, are regular DUPLO studs which perfectly accommodate 2x4
and 2x6 LEGO SYSTEM bricks.  But not only that, they also accommodate the new
6x6x2 quad-inverse-slope SYSTEM bricks that come in the LEGO Star Wars sets!
And these enable the very quick conversion of a DUPLO dino into a SYSTEM dino!

The minifigs are Blacktron I figs with Ninja heads and various other Castle
helmets.  The rest of the parts come purely from LEGO Star Wars sets (one copy
of each 1999 & 2000 set, plus 5 additional parts that needed to be nabbed from
second copies of Naboo Swamp and Naboo Fighter.)

--Todd

Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme
[...]

Wow kinda like flintstones and Dino-topia meet Blacktron 1 and
Transformers...very innovative...Jurassic techno-mechs " It's got'a good
beat and I can dance to it... I give it a 10"

Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme
I love that 2nd shot of the Kaimetsu, reminds me of Patlabor, with the pilots
head sticking out. Very cool... Hope to see more...

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://tor-pw1.netcom.ca/~milovan/index.htm