 Duplo / 172
Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo, lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 19:24:43 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.duplo, Eric Joslin writes:

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.  It was, I beleive, a comic book first, then a toy
line and an animated series at the same time.  It's only kind of vaguely like
them though, in that there are dinosaurs with armor and weapons strapped on
them.  The style of the armor in C&D is much less flamboyant and, IMHO, much
less cool.

I am (mis?)remembering being at a con and playtesting (or trying to, it wasn't
very baked yet) a version of an RPG based on the comic book. Circa late 80s
early 90s??

Probably yes.  I was going to include it in my list of versions of Cadillacs
and Dinosaurs, but I was unsure if it ever existed, or if *I* was
misremembering, so I left it off.  With your hazy memories added to mine,
though, I think we can officially say it existed.

Can't remember clearly, someone was filking nearby which of course washed away
the memory. :-)

Damn filkers.  Do what I do, douse them in gasoline and light them on fire.

++Lar (whose favorite RPG has GOT to be Paranoia)

Paranoia is pretty good, actually.  It's a fun time.  I think every group of
gaming friends should play at least one adventure of it, because it will
forever make you realise what a bastard is sitting next to you playing an elf.

My favorite RPG, though, is currently Champions.  Role playing superheroes is
about as good as it gets, and the system is the most adaptable I've ever seen.
I actually started *running* a Champs game recently, because my life wasn't
nearly busy enough.  Shudder.

eric