 Duplo / 143
  DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

[Not sure what ng's to crosspost this to . . . it's kinda a hodge-podge of DUPLO and Star Wars and Castle and mecha stuff. I guess I'll go with that. Followups to .duplo?] (URL) were a lot of fun to make. Here's the secret: The backs of the DUPLO (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle) !

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) Wow kinda like flintstones and Dino-topia meet Blacktron 1 and Transformers...very innovative...Jurassic techno-mechs " It's got'a good beat and I can dance to it... I give it a 10" (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

Wow, those are AWESOME! I love that 2nd shot of the Kaimetsu, reminds me of Patlabor, with the pilots head sticking out. Very cool... Hope to see more... (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

WOW! I'm not normally that much into figures and/or Mech type stuff, but these are really fantastic! I really like the bright combination of colors. Your photography is beautiful as well. Keep it up! Brad (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

Wow, that's cool! Great job, Todd! Those dinosaurs really are more of a m-f scale than duplo scale... Hmm... <scratches head> maybe CW will see some new creatures soon... LOL! -Shiri (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) They are hilarious to view. Very anime. Grim warriors on ludicrous beasts with massive weaponry. ++Lar (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) I love the way the bright colors of the happy duplo dinosaurs contrasts with the big ol' guns and the mean warriors. And I love the names! Are they real japanese, or pseudo? eric (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) I also meant to say, I'd have gone with followups to .build.mecha - after all, there's only one Duplo element in each one, right? :D eric (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

Todd, Those are fantastic! I have to agree that they have a Flintstones-like quality to them, which makes them even more fascinating to me. I'm especially fond of Yatsuzaki, as the blend of green, orange and grey actually works! I'd love to see more (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

Wow, great MOC:s! They remind me of an anime I saw once, called "the planet of the dinosaurs". That was about man and dinosaur living together, but it was not hi-tech, it was more like the Roman Empire. Anyway, I really like the way you've used (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) Prolly, but this is more excitement than .duplo gets in a month, usually, right? They say it's good to take your machinery out and floor it every once in a while, cleans out built up gunk and carbon. So we're giving .duplo it's monthly spin. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) I hafta admit, that was half the fun in the early prototype stages -- couldn't stop giggling at the sight of that smiling orange bronotosaurus [sic] with guns on his back. :) That's what inspired the others... (...) Mostly -- yeh -- they are (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) what can i say that others haven't already!? i could tell something cool was brewing in your lego world, from various mentions in your posts over the past few months. you mentioned playing with duplo-saurs and culling fierce names. who could (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) I'd love to see that! Maybe I can find it in my local video store. EricJ also mentioned there is some short animated series called Cadillac Dinosaur (or something like that) which is similar too. (...) He can move just as well as the others! (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.publish)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

Cool creations Todd. I can imagine an animated cartoon series with them flying about already. The next Power Rangers? (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) I noticed that the LEGO DUPLO Little Forest Friends (a.k.a. "fleshy dough-blob kids with upturned noses and live among flowers and toadstools and insects") have a few creatures (ladybugs, caterpillars? I forget) similar in design to the DUPLO (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) Well, glad you like them! Your pages of LDLITE-rendered mecha, BTW, were very helpful as well as inspirational. (...) OK, here's another look at Kaimetsu (back when he was named Zenkai): (URL) some other early test-photos... (URL) was back (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) Perhaps you can find it. I´ve looked all over the web for info about it, but only found some pages telling me about where I can watch it. AFAIKm the only way to watch it is by watcxhing the German channel "tm3", where they air a German dub. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.publish)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. It was, I beleive, a comic book first, then a toy line and an animated series at the same time. It's only kind of vaguely like them though, in that there are dinosaurs with armor and weapons strapped on them. The style (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.publish)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

Todd, These look great! The incorporation of the two themes looks amazing, and some of your details are jaw-dropping. Now to convince you to bring some to the next Brikwars game ... Can't wait to see more ... shaun (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) Todd, These are very cool. I love the happy dino faces with the machines of mass destruction slung on their backs. Its very similar to having a classic smiley going off to war just on a much larger scale. Now we just need to give (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) ...I'm sorry... I just burst out laughing when I saw the pics (even with the warning! :-) Its great! but those DUPLO dinos just look too cute, specially with all that dangerous military hardware on their back! :-) ..."Awwww, what a cute little (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) LOL!!!! I wonder if Winnie-the-Pooh can hold things in his hand or if they're just build for honeydipping...? I'm pretty sure Eeyore has a DUPLO stud on his back which would convert nicely to a 2x2 SYSTEM brick or larger. (...) OK --Todd (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) I am (mis?)remembering being at a con and playtesting (or trying to, it wasn't very baked yet) a version of an RPG based on the comic book. Circa late 80s early 90s?? Can't remember clearly, someone was filking nearby which of course washed (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.publish)

  Brikwars

(...) some of (...) Where are the Brikwars events held? Anywhere near the eastern U.S.? And when are they held? Monthly? LegoMasterLuke (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) Or, you can buy them, and because you don't like them, let your dinosaurs loose among them :-) --Tobias (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  (canceled)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) Probably yes. I was going to include it in my list of versions of Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, but I was unsure if it ever existed, or if *I* was misremembering, so I left it off. With your hazy memories added to mine, though, I think we can (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brikwars

(...) next (...) Wow I almost missed this in .duplo. Followups set to lugnet.fun.gaming Well we just had our first NELUG Brikwars event last Saturday in Waltham Massachusetts so we are on the East Coast all-be-it the Northern end of the East Coast. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Brikwars

(...) NELUG held one this past Saturday (4/1/2000) in Waltham, Massachusetts, but there's no set schedule. We're talking about another one soon, so if Ma isn't too far for you, you're more than welcome to join us. You can follow the discussion in (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Brikwars

(...) lugnet.org.us.nelug (...) Massachusetts. Ugh. "Mom, can I have $90 for a bus fare to Massachusetts to meet with some strangers I hardly even know?" What sort of event is Brikwars? Are you supposed to bring your own Lego models, or are Lego (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

These have got to be some of the coolest MOCs I've ever seen. Great job Todd. They remind me of a cartoon from the 80s called Dinosaucers. In the show a dinosaur race evolves a technoligically advanced civilization and then something happens to (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

I vaguely remember a group of coders that called themselves Rocket Science and were supposed to be the next big thing in gaming. It never panned out, but I think they did a title called Cadillacs and Dinosaurs... Build On! John Matthews Lorbaat (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.publish)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

At 06:15 PM 4/3/00 +0000, Todd Lehman wrote: >I wonder if Winnie-the-Pooh can hold things in his hand or if they're just >build for honeydipping...? I'm pretty sure Eeyore has a DUPLO stud on his >back which would convert nicely to a 2x2 SYSTEM (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) Nooo...? :-( :-( :-( What hunched-over animal am I thinking of then? Must be one of the DUPLO farm animals...maybe a tiger? Eeyore would've been a lot of fun. (...) Ahh -- cool -- that's encouraging! What other sorts of things (if anything?) (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.build.mecha)

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:FsDyLK.3w@lugnet.com... (...) DUPLO (...) 2x4 (...) new (...) sets! (...) dino! (...) copy (...) from (...) These are great, Todd! What fun! Yatsuzaki is definitely my favorite. The clip-on (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) Well, I don't have the Pooh stuff but the older tiger (yellow-striped) definitely had 4 studs on his/her back. I'm 100% sure about this, I used to have the best time with mommy tiger and little kitty on her back... (That was a while ago, OK?! (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Other DUPLO creatures with studs on their backs (was: Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) Four -- wow! Well, I found some of the animals that have 1 DUPLO stud on their back -- these are what I was getting Eeyore confused with: From DUPLO Farm: sheep, goats, ponies, pigs, cows, etc. Some examples: (2 URLs) DUPLO Zoo: alligators, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Other DUPLO creatures with studs on their backs (was: Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) Ouch, my bad. That's one... :-/ But the 2x2 [duplo studs] kitty still fits on it if you put it centered on the stud. <snip> (...) Well, get to it! C'mon, get to work! :-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

(...) (In a slllooooowwww drawling bass voice) Oooooohhhhh, weeelllll. I guess it's up to ole' Eyeore to take out the armored fortification. Not that anybody will notice. *sigh* ;) shaun (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme

Bravo, Todd! (...) Hmm. Have you tried using chains? If you got the girth right, you might be able to chain a small platform to their backs. Plus, the chains would make 'em look tougher. Don't forget the spikey bits. Jeff Elliott (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.build.mecha)