 Duplo / 176
Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo, lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 03:32:14 GMT

I vaguely remember a group of coders that called themselves Rocket Science
and were supposed to be the next big thing in gaming.  It never panned out,
but I think they did a title called Cadillacs and Dinosaurs...

Build On!

John Matthews

Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.duplo, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.duplo, Eric Joslin writes:

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.  It was, I beleive, a comic book first, then a • toy
line and an animated series at the same time.  It's only kind of vaguely • like
them though, in that there are dinosaurs with armor and weapons strapped • on
them.  The style of the armor in C&D is much less flamboyant and, IMHO, • much
less cool.

I am (mis?)remembering being at a con and playtesting (or trying to, it • wasn't
very baked yet) a version of an RPG based on the comic book. Circa late • 80s
early 90s??

Probably yes.  I was going to include it in my list of versions of • Cadillacs
and Dinosaurs, but I was unsure if it ever existed, or if *I* was
misremembering, so I left it off.  With your hazy memories added to mine,
though, I think we can officially say it existed.

Can't remember clearly, someone was filking nearby which of course washed • away
the memory. :-)

Damn filkers.  Do what I do, douse them in gasoline and light them on • fire.

++Lar (whose favorite RPG has GOT to be Paranoia)

Paranoia is pretty good, actually.  It's a fun time.  I think every group • of
gaming friends should play at least one adventure of it, because it will
forever make you realise what a bastard is sitting next to you playing an • elf.

My favorite RPG, though, is currently Champions.  Role playing superheroes • is
about as good as it gets, and the system is the most adaptable I've ever • seen.
I actually started *running* a Champs game recently, because my life • wasn't
nearly busy enough.  Shudder.

eric