 Trains / Train Organizations / 2318
2317  |  2319
Subject:
First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 02:59:05 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Pretty exciting news!

This is posted on behalf of BayLTC's David (Zonker) Harris, with his
permission (and request to so post), who related the following to me:

- - - -

  My home machine has lost the cookie to post to LUGNET, and Todd's
on a bus to Sacramento to catch his Amtrak train to Fresno...so, I'll post
the scoop herre first, and follow-up to Lugnet.Trains tomorrow or Monday. ;-)

  The first model of this all-brass, limited-slip track cleaning car was run
on the BayLTC display layout (demonstration set-up), and performed very
well. Dick ans Sharon Webster at Centerline worked with me to develop the
the model.

Pictures at;
    http://www.baylug.org/zonker/AUT13362.JPG
    http://www.baylug.org/zonker/AUT13363.JPG
    http://www.baylug.org/zonker/AUT13364.JPG

  The body is their O-gauge product, but it needs extra machining and
milling to fit the LEGO trucks. The price (without trucks) is $104, and can
be ordered! It comes in a padded box, with extra cleaning rollers (which is
a Good Thing, since you can see how dirty our track was by the grey stripes
on the white roller...). They are in contact with Jake, and may offer a
model that includes trucks. Wait and see if there is new news on that front.

  After a couple loops of a 20' x 32' layout (pushed in front of two locos
and 17 freight cars), the engines were running more smoothly, and there was
a noticable improvement (lack of slow-down in certain areas). We ran this in
front of three different trains, to clean the wheels on the motors and
rolling stock!

The Centerline web site is http://www.centerline-products.com/.

  I'll be working on a short web page with more info and background this
weekend, but I wanted to get the word out, in case there are any other clubs
that might be looking for something to help clean their track at public
displays. (BayLTC will be getting a second one, so we can run one on each of
the main tracks of the display layout, while we're settig up buildings!)

    Regards,

        -Z-

- - - -