 Off-Topic / Fun / 10348
Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 01:15:53 GMT

Now there's an idea.  That's great.  :^)

Hey Larry, I think Andrew has a Hamster.  :^p

-Stefan-

In lugnet.trains, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.trains, Calum Tsang writes: • <snip>
For $104 USD, or roughly $150 Canadian, I could pay
some high school student minimum wage to clean track for 21 hours straight.

I don't need my track cleaned for 21 hours straight, though. I just need it
cleaned. MichLTC layouts have been cresting at 20x50. That's a lot of track
to clean by hand, can you send one of those high school students our way?

Oh, and he needs to show up precisely when he's needed [and various other
requirements] <snip>

Wait! Why stick with human labour?

Last time I checked, you could buy a guinea pig for about $A12, and lettuces
for $A0.99 each.

You tie a lettuce leaf to the back of your train, dip your guinea pig in
your prefered cleaning fluid, and then drive your train around the track -
and here's the clever part - just slightly faster than your guinea pig can run.

Hey presto! Clean Track!

Guinea pigs are about eight - ten studs wide, so clearance shouldn't be a
problem, and if it goes too fast, you can add some weight bricks.

The only problem I can see are the guinea pig droppings...

But I'm sure the guinea pig would be fun to watch as it scooted around the
track.

Cheers

Richie Dulin