 Trains / 28763 (-100)
  Re: Interesting Article About Train hobby....

(...) It's a pity, too, because we retrofitted our Duplo Thomas et al when they first came out with 9 volt motors, and kids at train shows go bonkers for them! I remember talking to Brad Justus about TLG pursuing a license from (back then) Britt (...) (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Interesting Article About Train hobby....

(...) When I was very young I loved a battery-operated train with plastic track because you could make up layouts at random. This particular one wasn't as sophisticated as the Duplo train, but the track was cheap. Kind of like a soft plastic version (...) (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Interesting Article About Train hobby....

(...) Although the major by-line was "KIDS DON'T WANT TO ASSEMBLE SETS". I agree with you that trains might be more marketable since Harry Potter etc., but it seems the main thrust of the upsurge may be "out of the box usability", which actually the (...) (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Interesting Article About Train hobby....

(URL) here> Too bad TLG is taking its trains line backwards instead of forwards (assuming the 9 volt system is slated for extinction) JOHN (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Hi Tim, Great model again..:-) And yes, Istanbul livery is the best. Sorry about replying this much late but I still have connection problems with jlug and also I have extremely buzy and chrisis loaded days at job for the last two months...:-( (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Hi Bob, Am I allowed to say that looks great? I figure I can get away with it because I really like the alternate livery you've chosen ;) Did you make a mod to allow it to turn over the motor? If you have I'll edit it into the CAD file. I (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Tim, Here is a brick built version of your tram: (URL) Slight mods for parts, color, and brick reality - the close coupling does not allow turns when over a motor - the center boogey peg gets in the way. It is a very nice model, ran well, and (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BR 365 - A German locomotive

(...) That's the only locomotive that you've ever built! I wish I could do something so well my first time! Great engine. I even like the width ;) Chris (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New! Trolley Redeux (Pics)

(...) Wow.. beauty in simplicity. Those are my favorites :-) Spotlighted. ///stripes/// (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: "UCS" LEGO Factory MOC: GP-38

(...) Jordan, Wow, that's really cool (and big!). Love all the details. You keep pushing the limit of what can be done with Factory and I love it. Keep it up! Not only does it produce impressive works like this, but it also reminds and inspires (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: "UCS" LEGO Factory MOC: GP-38

(...) Ah, ok. My username is "jbschwarz" on the Factory website. Hope that you have better luck obtaining the LXF file that way. If not, I could email it to you or something. -Jordan (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "UCS" LEGO Factory MOC: GP-38

(...) Woah, That looks good. I'm having a little difficulty with the file that the LEGO store is supplying. I've discovered that my Mac unzips the lxf "zip" archive provided by the Store site one step too far. I've also discovered that since the (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  "UCS" LEGO Factory MOC: GP-38

I present my first venture into the world of 10-wide LEGO Factory train creations, a GP-38 locomotive in CSX-like colors. (URL) > A while back, there was some discussion about UCS train models, so I created this as a response. It can be used as a (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX) !

  Re: MORE Trains at BrickFest PDX '07

I'm using just track. I also have 6 8' long boards with groves cut into them that act as track. (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR 365 - A German locomotive

(...) Maybe you saw the (URL) Rembrandt "painting">? (...) The BR365 appeared on Brickshelf because of a Lowlug meeting and the Window Into The Community, but else... Sorry, was not ment confusing you ;-) Barbara (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC Trains Cars and Buildings

(...) Thanks guys I really appreciate the links and info, I have downloaded a lot of info. I probably should have mentioned I have started my "Set" with an RC train the cargo train to be specific, In hind site this may not have been the best bet but (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6 wide Cab Forward 4-8-8-4 Steam Loco

(...) (snip) (...) Nice work on the Cab Forward. My goodness it is long! The SNOT windows up front look good. I'm impressed that this baby gets on well through curves, points, and has all the working running gear. Great job putting it all (...) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Trains Cars and Buildings

(...) A good point, I forgot to mention sources of instructions. Jacob (Jake) McKee's 'Bricks on the Brain' Instructions Portal was a good source, but it seems to be experiencing problems at the moment. Here's a direct link to a livestock wagon I (...) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC Trains Cars and Buildings

(...) ::snip:: (...) Hi Michael, Jason's suggestions are excellent ones. I think I've heard that the new Factory train box will debut on March 19 for $100, so you haven't much longer to wait. Interestingly, when the train wagon bottom kit was (...) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC Trains Cars and Buildings

(...) Hi Michael. LEGO did sell a train accessory pack "3737 - Train Wagon Bottom": (URL) Depending on territory, you may still be able to buy it from (URL) LEGO Shop-At-Home>. On the other hand, you may like to wait for the new 10183 "Hobby Train (...) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  MOC Trains Cars and Buildings

Hello all a real newbie question for you, I am trying to build some of my own rolling stock and engines for my train/town set up and have been plagued with the inability to find the train car bases and wheels etc. Is there a special section of the (...) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet another Train Show

(...) Jeffrey, I am going to cross-post this to trains, so more people can see it. Brian (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.org.us.ulug, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:JDu4uz.Kq4@lugnet.com... (...) John: I really like the buildings. Two suggestions on the small building: (i) you might want to consider offsetting the front door to one side and putting another window (...) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Does anyone have source reference material for Australian steam locomotives?

(...) Hi Jonathan, There's a little information on the web, but not a whole lot. Your best bet is the local library, or local hobby book store, as there are quite a few good books on Australian steamers. And Teunis probably has most of them ;) ROSCO (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Does anyone have source reference material for Australian steam locomotives?

Does anyone have source reference material for Australian steam locomotives? (i.e. any steam locomotive used on any Australian railway) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6 wide Cab Forward 4-8-8-4 Steam Loco

(...) This is truly a stunning achievement. I saw a preliminary version of this a couple of weeks ago and was quite amazed. I'm looking forward to seeing it run around the track at a show. Spotlighted. --Bill. (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR 365 - A German locomotive

--snip-- (...) Hmmm... and yet I know your name "McBricker" from some MOC I was looking at some time ago... have you been using the BR365 as a signature picture? I'm confused. Tim (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BR 365 - A German locomotive

Hi Tim! (...) Thanks a lot! I know your locomotives, so I'm really proud of your praise. (...) You can't, that is the one and only I ever built. ;-) Regards, Barbara (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BR 365 - A German locomotive

Hi Tim! (...) Thanks a lot! I know your locomotives, so I'm really proud of your praise. (...) You can't, that is the one and only I ever build. ;-) Regards, Barbara (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) If I’m reading this right your suggesting changing the track system in it's entirety and replacing it with something similar to HO flex track. While in theory this is a sound idea it has 1 major flaw, children. Lego after all is a children’s (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) A 9V track solution... I have been wondering about the problem of the 9V track myself. As I understand it, putting the metal on the track is very expensive for LEGO. And for some other company to build metal track to this gauge, they would (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Trains: Northern Pacific GP9, triple combine and caboose

(URL) Hello world... I've posted my photos quietly so far, I thought it was time to give a little back-story and highlight features. I've recently uploaded my take on the Northern Pacific (NP), ca 1960. For the full gallery, see: (URL) Full Gallery> (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  New! Trolley Redeux (Pics)

As I mentioned (URL) here>, I have revisited my original (URL), and have made VAST improves to it (actually, it ended up being a complete rebuild). (URL) Cut to the chase pics here> Revisiting MOCs is something I rarely, if ever, do. Heck, I often (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX) !

  Re: BR 365 - A German locomotive

(...) Hey Barbara, Excellent work on the train. In some ways what I like about this even more than the wonderfully detailed engine is the presentation. The lego gravel and plants next to the track really make you feel like you're looking at a model (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  6 wide Cab Forward 4-8-8-4 Steam Loco

Here is my version of a Cab Forward 4-8-8-4. My goal was to make a 6 wide one with working pistons and rods. Hopefully it would go around our BayLTC Layouts and maybe through points. Our tracks run four studs from the sneeze guards and eight studs (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Canadian National ES44DC in 7-wide

(...) Hi Paul, (...) Thanks. --snip-- (...) Not at all. The face of any loco is usually the first thing I start with. In this case I started with the nose and maybe I... cut off the nose to spite the face... sorry, couldn't resisit. (...) I think (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Canadian National ES44DC in 7-wide

(...) Hi Tim, This is great! I'm always happy to see you turn your talent on a North American locomotive. All of your work is great, I'm just a big NA freight fan, so I get extra excited about that stuff. I agree the nose on these wide-cab GE units (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Canadian National ES44DC in 7-wide

(...) That is pretty sweet, Tim. The nose looks fantastic. 7 Wide feels right here as well. (...) I do. It is another fabulous MOC from you. I think I just might attempt to build one for myself. Best, Jonathan (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Thomas Duplo Trains

(...) I found Spencer a poor substitute, considering that Mallard was featured in the original books, in the story of Thomas' visit to the National Railway Museum in York, UK. Yes, there were A4s in silver streamlined livery, but the name could have (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tunnel Mouth / Bridge Arch

(...) Maybe also use the pin holes to build an internal spiral? Lift the balls up like concrete in a concrete mixer. ROSCO (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) Non-LEGO model railroaders have been scratch building power trains for decades. We should be able to come up with motored wheels and power pic-up (probably based on DCC). The big problem is the track. I think it will be possible to put metal (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Canadian National ES44DC in 7-wide

(2 URLs) BS> (URL) Flickr> Hi all, Back with another American loco. Was going to do a Dash-9 but figured I might as well be environmentally friendly and try its successor instead. I've always wanted to to do the nose bonnet of these with the proper (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) You could put a technic 1x1 brick with pin behind the headlight bricks to add some security. Not behind each one but maybe every other one or two (or five)? I did that on this firehouse from 4 or 5 years ago. (URL) I didn't go as high with the (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Thomas Duplo Trains

(...) I don't understand your (plural) objections. To take an example: there seems to be an objection to Spencer but he is based on (URL) Mallard> a real engine on a real railway from 1938 - 1963. That would teach that steam engines continued to (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tunnel Mouth / Bridge Arch

(...) 34 or more of them can be bent into a complete circle with the treads facing in this way (the circle maintains near circularity up to about 40-45 links, depending on how floppy you want it). By supporting it on the outside edges, and "rolling" (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) Sorry I don't quite get what you mean here. I'd like to try this technique but my brain is not seeing how you do this. Do you have any pictures of the WIP or illustratioins of how these go together? (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Tunnel Mouth / Bridge Arch

(...) Very cool, Mark. A really novel use of pieces. I wonder what else they could be used for. Tim (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) Oh, yeah, you've done the same thing. I like it. It's a great effect. Now, I have interlocked the brown with my tan to keep the front face sturdy, but I don't see how you can make the headlight bricks any sturdier-- what more can they bind to (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Tunnel Mouth / Bridge Arch

(...) Neat! This would be a great technique for those big metal storm drains: (URL) Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) Being an old hand at this (i.e. before LEGO saw the light): (2 URLs) may I suggest using bigger bricks just next to the headlight bricks, and interlock them inside the building? You won't win any interior design awards, but it will keep you (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) As the bumper sticker says, "mean people suck" >:-( (...) Hope it was a good one (or two;-) (...) Thanks, Jonathan. I really only want to impress you:-) As for the sides; it's kind of a sketchy building technique. The corners are simply 1x1 (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Tunnel Mouth / Bridge Arch

The tracks from the Snowmobile 8272 and Bulldozer 8275 make a great tunnel mouth or bridge arch - smoother than using slope bricks. (URL) used 27 links at the moment, fixing them twice on each side. The arch as built fits well over 6-wide, 8-wide or (...) (18 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: New Thomas Duplo Trains

(...) I agree absolutely. I prefer to stick to the characters in the original 26 books by Rev. W Awdry and the 14 by his son Christopher Awdry. Those stories were closely based on real events on real railways, making the more modern tales look (...) (18 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) I noticed these on Brickshelf before seeing the post here. I think you did just fine with the name. Made me LOL when I saw it. I'd attempt to offer additional ideas but a nasty email from a licenesor has fried my brain already this morning. :/ (...) (18 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

Very nice, especially the signs ; ) God Bless, Nathan (URL) (18 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(URL) We have lengthened the Thomas section of the TLCTC layout, and so we needed to build a few more buildings to fill in the gap. Nothing earth-shattering here, but I did have some fun with them: The Chinese characters used on the Chinese (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) I also had no problems running a train when I metalized some 4.5v track using some thin metal tape. (URL) But this did increase the hieght of the rail by a samll amount. I picked up ~500 peices of lt bley straight 4.5v style plastic track (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: Two Soo Line GP38-2s and an Introduction

(...) Hi Matt, Great builds. My favourite bit of these is the use of the exoforce claw part in the nose. It looks fantastic. The italics are another great addition. As for crits, I think it might look a little better if you made the side windows a (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Thomas Duplo Trains

(...) "Spencer". Agreed. I lost, er, track, of all of Thomas' newer friends (gad, he's got more than I do!) since he big motion picture. Personally, I think Tom should spend more time with his older friends and stop making so many new ones. JOHN (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Thomas Duplo Trains

(...) I find their choice of locos wierd, Gordon yes, but why Salty and whatever the silver A4 is called? Tim (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: FACTORY: Daniel Aubin's GE B39-8E in Grey MMA Livery

(...) (snip) (...) (snip) Really nice work! Love it! later, James Mathis (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New Thomas Duplo Trains

I just came across (URL) this post> by Ken Dowd over in .duplo stating that TLG is coming out with some new Thomas Duplo trains. That's BIG news in my book, and I'm wondering how it flew under my vast, LEGO train radar. In any event, I'm reposting (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: FACTORY: Daniel Aubin's GE B39-8E in Grey MMA Livery

(...) --snip-- (...) I'm very impressed by this. As a standalone train MOC it is excellent and to make it with the Factory pallette (and software) is astounding. Tim (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: FACTORY: Daniel Aubin's GE B39-8E in Grey MMA Livery

(...) Paul and Dan, Great work by both of you! It's great to see what this model looks like in real life. What a convincing rendition of that locomotive! The paint scheme is very attractive, and the details, like cab steps and cab windows, are very (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

"Tim David" <talltim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JDt5yE.4BK@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Did you look at the box artwork? I think it will answer your query. :-) Mike (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) From these pics and other sources I have managed to work out 8 of the 10 designers: Holger Mathes James Mathis Tim Gould Christopher Masi Steve Barile Ben Fleskes Jeremy Spurgeon Mike Walsh I think the ninth one is Pierre Normandin and is the (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  FACTORY: Daniel Aubin's GE B39-8E in Grey MMA Livery

A while back folks here found Daniel Aubin's impressive Factory designs on Brickshelf. I decided to buy his grey MMA GE B39-8E. Before ordering I made a few enhancements of my own while keeping it primarily true to Daniel's design. The most (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: MORE Trains at BrickFest PDX '07

(...) Steve, I agree, this will be great to see. I'm not bringing everything I have, I'll be bringing some. I've already filled out some MOC cards on the brickfest site, and I plan to do more. I know at least one other BAYLTC member is planning to (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) I haven't had any problems running the new IR freight train on my old blue track. Even going through points went okay. Niels (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

"Erik Amzallag" <brickerikNOSPAM@free.fr> wrote in message news:JDs6JM.3pJ@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Of the 30 models which were selected for the LHT set, the same 14 appear on the front side of both the International (IN) box and (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Hello, My ugly pictures taken at BrickFest 2006 during the presentation. The speed of the presentation was too fast to use the flash, so it explains the poor quality and that some of the first slides are missing. However, there are models (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote: <snip> (...) You *see* it... before you *hear* it... Dave K -for those of you who closed your eyes during that, you missed seeing the plane do a barrel roll... and also hosehead over there did the roll with his (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Kids play area at Train shows -- Was Re: Duplo Train/Duplo Collection for sale

(...) The little ones who visit our abode will be very happy!! Maybe with all this Duplo train stuff I currently own, I'm thinking about having some sort of small kids 'play area' at the train shows we do, Does anyone have experience with having a (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Just so long as stop short of trying to mimic the emission levels... Jason R (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) That website is a nice start from LEGO to support the 9V trains, but it seems to take ages for things to happen there. They've linked James Mathis' train models, but what about the other designers they've profiled? Hopefully the 10183 models (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) That's funny! True, but funny. BTW, Jason, we in the states don't make "chuff-chuff" noises. We have learned to "peep peep", but that is where we draw the line. It's all about "Woo-woo!" and Choo-choo!", all the while trying to recreate the (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 'Proto' pics on Brickshelf

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:JDro1A.GGJ@lugnet.com... (...) Replying to my own post - it was Jorn K. Thomson. Here is a link from the WaaaayBackMachine although the images are missing. (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Proto' pics on Brickshelf

"Tim David" <talltim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JDrMuo.xF@lugnet.com... (...) Those images appeared on LEGO.com/trains along with the profile of the profile of the LEGO designer (who's name escapes me) who designed the 10020 Santa Fe (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  'Proto' pics on Brickshelf

Anyone know what these are? (URL) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) I don't know if they are credited anywhere in the set, but there are profiles for a few of the designers here: (URL) -Elroy (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Yes, no need for motors - soon John will be making trains so wide you can sit on them and propel them along with your feet - all the time making "chuff-chuff" and "woo-woo" noises. Then at last we can demonstrate how much the hobby has grown (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) while the distance between the rails is identical the depth of the rail is not. unfortunetly this lets 4.5v trains run on 9v track but not the other way around because 9v train wheels have a longer flange depth.. ondrew (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) It's possible you could get reasonable running by butting them up against one another, but no, they're not really designed to click together. If you ask Ondrew nicely, he may be able to come up with a nice adapter solution though. ROSCO (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) **maniacal laughter** Bring back the 4.5 volt trains, with the good plastic track. That's what I'd like to see. And the cuuuuute little battery boxes! Bwah-hah-hah-hah-haaaaaah! Okay, seriously-- I never got the 9v train system; I sorta felt (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Make that "who designed what." Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Are the AFOL designers credited? It would be neat to know what designed what. Sounds like a really neat concept, and one that I hope will be extended to other themes. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) I'll definitely be picking one of these up. Thanks for the pics, Mike! - Kelly (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Thanks for the update Mike! For me this is incredible good news! I will certainly buy 2 at least! I'd like to thank much all of the AFOL's committed to this awesome Project and also to the Lego Team involved and the LEGO Company to make this (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) The price point looks pretty good to me when you start comparing prices to Bricklink. Out of curiosity, I priced out just the train baseplates, doors, and sliding doors, and I was already up to $35 if I bought the parts from Bricklink. That (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) That's my complaint. The part list shows a lot of common parts: if I need bricks, there are a lot of great 1000-parts-buckets, but if I want to build a train, I need doors, windows, wheels, large plates and roof parts in large quantities. What (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

"Me crys" If only other things were not a higher priority right now and I actually had some money to my name. Oh well in a few years. But then again I really don't plan on using train motors in the future..... You will have to wait and see.... ;) (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7-wide Swiss Re 4/4 Electric Locomotive

(...) Last week I received a private request for building instructions for this Swiss Re 4/4 locomotive. The instructions are based on version 2. Here they are: (URL) Mathis (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Two Soo Line GP38-2s and an Introduction

After seeing my local LTC's layout at the Ohio State Fair this past summer I started to take an interest in LEGO trains and town. The fact that I was becoming bored with space also helped a bit. ;-) After attending a COLTC meeting in October and (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) J-1!!!! Don't go! Join me on my 12 wide odyssey! J-2 (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) This is a very nice looking set. I especially like the mix of models shown on the box: diesel & electric; freight & passenger; modern & steamers. The parts list looks to be mostly common pieces, so if someone wants to build a model in a (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Compared to the prices of LEGO Factory models, the price point for 10183 seems reasonable to me. The train parts on Factory are quite expensive, causing some of my train creations to average close to 15 cents per brick (and complete trains to (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 wide Mister Rogers Trolley

(...) lol, We'll see:-) (...) Thanks. I think I can field the RCX question-- there are 2 light sensors pointing down on the track. They will see a white plate laid down on each end of the track which will tell them to cut power and reverse. You'll (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pennsylvania Railroad in Lego

(...) (URL) (...) Thanks. Having the doors there kind of necessitated having something behind there. At least for me. Tracking down pictures of the engine proved pretty dificult though. I still haven't found any of the engine actually in the loco so (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

(...) Yes! There will probably at least two of these added to our collection. When was the last time we could get a Crocodile for $100 (+ $20 for a motor)...and this one is an even bigger Crocodile? And still have lots of parts left over. Let's do (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO

I would pay $100 just for the right to download 30 sets of building instructions. Come on, people, this is a gold mine. Make it successful and we'll see Ultimate Train Set #2. "9V trains are going away! Wah!!!" "I haven't seen this new set up close (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact