 Trains / 28674
Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 23:00:43 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:

The parts list looks to be mostly common pieces, so if someone wants to build a
model in a different livery it should be pretty easy to do.

That's my complaint. The part list shows a lot of common parts: if I need
bricks, there are a lot of great 1000-parts-buckets, but if I want to build a
train, I need doors, windows, wheels, large plates and roof parts in large
quantities. What can I do with just 16 clear panels, 8 train windows or 2
couples of doors? Not much. I don't ask a 50$ bucket with 100 train windows and
2 motors, but I would like to buy a set with special parts expecially made for
train builders, which I don't find easy in other sets. Bricks and plates are
always needed, but I can get them in other ways (like the many Lego tubs). If I
want to build a red livery train with an engine and three passenger waggons, I
would need from 8 up 16 doors (from 4 up 8 couples), that's mean I have to buy
from 4 up 8 copies of that set, that is from 400 up 800$. Ok, LEGO trains are
expensive, but I think so they are too much.

Really happy for the great work of the AFoL/designers and happy for a very good
idea, but a little bit disappointed about the part list (for 100$ I expect a
little more from a Lego set). I would pay more if I could don't have to buy 10
copies of one set just for few, very few parts.

That's my 2 cents
Luca