 Trains / 28664
Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:32:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I would pay $100 just for the right to download 30
sets of building instructions. Come on, people, this
is a gold mine. Make it successful and we'll see
Ultimate Train Set #2.

"9V trains are going away! Wah!!!"

"I haven't seen this new set up close yet, but it
sucks!"

Great attitude, people.

I don't want enough parts in the set to build 30
trains. What would I do with all the unused parts and
all the colors in my personal collection if I just
kept buying complete out-of-the-box sets? Don't want
to build the set's box car in red? Build it in <insert
color> now that you have the instructions!

I extend my gratitude to the team that put this
together.

Rich
--- Luca Giannitti <legoitalia@yahoo.dk> wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Don Cox wrote:

So, how many models can be made from this set at • the same time, or are we paying
$100 for one engine model?

Count the train bases: 3
The windows are 8 1x4x3 and 16 panels 1x2x2
The doors are 4 (2 left and 2 right).

You have 3 complete bases but not enough parts to
make two waggons and an
engine. There are few train windows and trasparent
panels. I think you can
build:
one passanger waggon
or
one big engine
or
two little engines
or
two different passanger waggons
or
one engine and two freight cars

For 100$ it is someway too much expensive, if you
don't have any motor or track.
It is not a set that make you possible to build your
own hobby train, not if you
buy just one copy. I think you need at least 3 of
them in order to make a
complete train (passangier train).

Luca

TV dinner still cooling?