 Trains / 28675
Re: 10183 LEGO Hobby Trains on ILTCO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 00:08:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Luca Giannitti wrote:

Really happy for the great work of the AFoL/designers and happy for a very good
idea, but a little bit disappointed about the part list (for 100$ I expect a
little more from a Lego set). I would pay more if I could don't have to buy 10
copies of one set just for few, very few parts.

The price point looks pretty good to me when you start comparing prices to
Bricklink.  Out of curiosity, I priced out just the train baseplates, doors, and
sliding doors, and I was already up to $35 if I bought the parts from Bricklink.
That price was for only 11 parts.

I'll buy at least one (two if no one tells my wife), even if just to show my
support for 9v trains and for fan-created sets.

-Elroy