 Trains / 28672
Re: 7-wide Swiss Re 4/4 Electric Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 21:40:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
After modeling the (impossible-to-build) 7-wide passenger coaches with hinge
shovel scoop bits, I stuck to 7-wide for a go at a Swiss Re 4/4.

The Swiss Re 4/4 is characterized by a steeply sloping complex angled face
and large front and side-front windows.
7-wide fit well for two SNOT-wise standard 4-wide car/truck windscreens.  I
think gets close, yet there are some unsightly gaps in the structure.

Here's the real Re 4/4:
http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/electric/Re4_4_II/green/11333.jpg
http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/electric/Re4_4_II/green/pix.html
http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/electric/Re4_4_II/red/Austria/pix.html

And, my attempt to model the Re 4/4:

I think the model is a bit too tall, and the characteristic white stripe is
incomplete around the front. I've also put too many doors on the model.  I'm
not sure if side doors are on both sides at the same end of the loc, orif
they are on both sides at opposite ends; i.e., one door per cab.
Comments/Suggestions?

Thanks.
later,
James Mathis

Last week I received a private request for building instructions for this Swiss
Re 4/4 locomotive.  The instructions are based on version 2.  Here they are:

later,

James Mathis