 Trains / 28666
Re: Pennsylvania Railroad in Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 16:42:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jeramy Spurgeon wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Cale Leiphart wrote:

Pennsylvania Railroad H10-44 Fairbanks Morse Yard Switcher

   I love it! Nicely done Cale. I like the fact that you went to the trouble to accurately model the motor as well. Great attention to detail. I missed the Frisco version of this at the NMRA, but am glad that you revisited it with the Pennsylvania. I think this one turned out less blocky.

-J

Thanks. Having the doors there kind of necessitated having something behind there. At least for me. Tracking down pictures of the engine proved pretty dificult though. I still haven’t found any of the engine actually in the loco so I just guest on some details. I’m probably the only one who would notice any way. :)

This was my first serious tempt at tiling a whole loco. It certainly helps clean up the lines and curves. At some point I want to go back and update the Frisco with tile and the more accurate engine. One thing I noticed on your FM (excellent MOC by the way) that I neglected on mine was the grillwork on top of the hood.

Cale