 Trains / 2856
Re: LEGO trains...The Future of Model Railroading?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:53:09 GMT

I can't believe that you work in such an esoteric industry (walnuts) and
you're allergic to the oil! Talk about ironic.

Larry, you don't know the half of it.  I am not allergic to the oil, but
rather then entire scope of all that are walnuts.  I am allergic to the trees,
the pollen, the hulls and the nut kernals.  I work in the nut business full
time and live smack dab in the middle of a 40 acre block of Hartley variety
(the kind you see in the supermarket still in the shell) walnut trees.

Added to that is the small bit of added irony that I am also very allergic to
horses, cows and alfalfa.  Did I mention that my father was and still is a
professional rodeo cowboy?  We had horses and cattle around the house my whole
life.  In fact, I cannot remember a time in my life I did not have the worst
allergies of anybody who knew anybody who ever met me.

I had taken shots for about 5 or 6 years, but it didn't help one bit, so I
stopped that.  Only Allegra helps, but even then it only works for about 1-2
weeks and then nothing.  And as soon as I miss one pill, back they come.

Al least I am not allergic to Lego.  I also would like to keep it that way, so
the bulk bricks stay away from the laser sorter.

How are you set for large baseplates? I picked up 66 of the 15x15 grays
when I was in Ottawa for 5.99 CDN each plus taxes. I plan to auction
some of them off but I can give you some for close to my cost if you're
interested. (don't everybody write me asking for that deal, it's for
Mike only, only because he's building modules with them)

Thank you very much, Lar.  (I have NEVER seen the 15" baseplates on sale!
Wow!)