 Trains / 2846
Re: LEGO trains...The Future of Model Railroading?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 02:23:01 GMT

Mike Poindexter wrote in message ...
Existing sets is not going to tip the balance much. Notice that no one • other
than the GMLTC is doing modules the way they are, and the reason they are
able to do so is due to a once in a lifetime person who happens to have • more
bricks than most people could even remotely conceive of.

Sorry Frank Deeppockets Filz, (you always outbid me on eBay!) but there is
at

I don't ALWAYS outbid you... I looked at an auction just today which you had
bid on which I didn't bid on...

least one other who is making modules - me.  I am trying to get people in
California to have an LTC here, but have been too busy at work to really • push
it right now.  But rest assured, the GMLTC is not the only one making
modules.  If they come out the San Jose for the NMRA convention, they will
find me there with 5 modules to tie into their system, if they want.  (If • not,
I will be kind of stranded on the mainline, which won't be able to loop • until
I get 8 modules made!)  My plan is to have a 12 module layout of my own.  I
should be there in about 3 years, if I am lucky.

What is your cost per module coming out to? How much more would it cost if
you didn't sell the extra bricks?

This to me is what makes LEGO trains an interesting and valid hobby. It • also
does not the least bit require that the only supplier of the parts be TLC.

Frank

Thank you Frank!  Now I can use the three 1x1 clear Tyco Lampshades I have!
(Any purist out there have any they don't want?  I will pay you for them!)

Go for it! The main reason I haven't used much Tyco stuff is availability of
sufficient quantity to do anything with. I occasionally throw out bids for
Tyco stuff, but haven't won any yet. I've picked up a bit of Tyco here and
there (got about a buckets worth in a lot I bought of a local kid, bought a
bag of fluorescent bricks from a used toy store etc).

Frank