 Trains / 2847
Re: LTMA vs NMRA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 02:31:32 GMT

Mike Poindexter wrote in message ...
All kidding aside, I would rather see that than see us join the NMRA.  The
NMRA would serve itself at our expense and treat us as a draw for them, • rather
than the other way around.  I still think we should go to the train shows, • as
it gives us exposure we wouldn't have otherwise, but I would only go to the
NMRA and GATS shows to see if there was a Lego setup or to get town layout
ideas to put into my Lego layout.

I still think that being recognized by, and being a part of, the NMRA will
be the best way to attract the attention of other manufacturers to produce
parts for us. It would be almost trivial for somebody like Micro Engineering
(I think that's the right company) to produce flextrack in LEGO gauge for
those of us willing to use non-LEGO track at least for outdoor settings.
Suitable decals would also be pretty quick to show up.

I would also love to see someone built a train layout to LEGO gauge which
uses traditional scenery and handlaid track, but still uses LEGO trains,
structures, and vehicles. I think that  would look really nice.

Frank