 Trains / 2848
Re: LEGO trains...The Future of Model Railroading?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 03:04:45 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:

Do you also advocate running a Microsoft pure computer? (Actually, what
is available for a single vendor pure computer system?) Don't tell me
that Linux counts. Linux is so far from the same concept as being LEGO
pure.

Now youv'e done it, you mentioned the "M" word.  Dare I mention Apple.  I have
stuck with them through the the good, the bad and the ugly.  Like them or hate
them it is difficult to argue that they haven't been true to their purpose
"Think Different" (save a few falls from grace).  They are as close to a pure
single vendor computer system as I know of and this has led to issolation in
the PC world.  The faithful, however, usually view this as a positive thing,
helping Apple stay true to its purpose.  If the goal of LEGO train "purists" is
to "Think Different" than that is my goal as well. (How did I end up on this
side of the fence?!)

- Jim

----