 Trains / 2776
Re: LEGO trains...The Future of Model Railroading?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:47:56 GMT

Great post, Frank. I'm a purist but if someone came out with the stuff
on your "things I would accept" list (1) I would fall all over myself to
get scads of them...

I wish I had time right now to weigh in on this thread in more depth but
in general I agree with most of the sentiments, even when they seem at
cross purposes.

Specifically, I think some rank and file MR'ers don't "get it". Their
hobby IS dying and they are part of the problem with their attitude. But
NMRA leadership, the editors at Model Railroader, and some other
influential people DO get it and are working to try to change things.
TLG is not helping matters with *their* attitude, though. Talk about a
target market that's willing to spend and spend, already all giftwrapped
and ready to be catered to.

1 - c/things I would accept/things most serious trainheads are clamoring
for!!!/ because it's an extremely well thought out list. Nice job!!!