 Trains / 2772
Re: LEGO trains...The Future of Model Railroading?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:09:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Jim Rorstrom wrote:

In lugnet.trains, John R. Clark writes:

We are in a unique position in model railroading having only 1 supplier.

Very unique.  In fact, what if Mega Blocks came out with trains tomorrow? • Would we
rush to buy them?  I think a lot of us (including me) would have a juicy • dilemma.
There is something to be said for an *ALL* LEGO layout.  Stray too far from • that,
or stray at all, and then the purpose becomes muddled-- if you want all of • that
other stuff in model railroading, then why not stick to model railroading?

I must say, if someone like Mega Blocks started offering Lego compatible
automated points or some of the other accessory items that the Lego train
community has been clamoring for, I'd probably buy them.  I'd much rather buy
from Lego (even at the prices they charge), but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Steve Martin

PS Are you listening TLG?