 Trains / 2853
Re: LTMA vs NMRA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 05:19:58 GMT

I'm of two minds here. I think being inside an organization is often a
way to effect change. After all, that's why I was a registered Democrat
the whole time we lived in NY, Democrats were where the power was. Never
gave up on being Libertarian.

So I don't think I'd NOT join the NMRA. I think there is value in
working for change. I let my membership lapse years and years ago but I
may reenlist.

Yet there is value to the LTMA idea as well. Can't we do it as a SIG?

G Scale used to be looked down on as toylike but now has wide
acceptance.