 Trains / 25463 (-100)
  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

In lugnet.build, Koyan Töreni wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Koyan, Actually, I prefer the render style of the Classic Space images more than the recent renders that you have posted. I guess I like the plain white background, as opposed to new (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Scraping cowcatcher on 10133

I had a bit of a search but couldn't find any mention of this problem. Basically, because the cowcatcher is so close to the track, I find it scrapes going over small valleys in the track, creating an annoying "squeak". Has anyone else noticed this? (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  A couple of new MOCs

I was looking at Bruce Lowell's sphere, (URL) and thought it could be applied to trains. When Moderated, the result can be seen at: (URL) then, some deeplinks. I first built an 8 wide, 32 stud long tank car. It can be seen at (URL) interesting part (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC New Uacs Silo Car

(...) Just changed the file. I hope it's right now. You can find the file here: (URL) (...) If you mean the build-up of the "cilindrical" structure, see the .MPD file. It's verry easy, just have to think on it, as usual ;) ludo (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC New Uacs Silo Car

(...) I'll check it! (...) For rendering the model, i use LPUB, with its default settings, because i don't understand enough the mechanism to place the camera on an other location. I never know where i am! A program as LPUB is great, but a (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

Dean Earley <dean@earlsoft.co.uk> wrote in news:IIHBxn.uvv@lugnet.com: (...) Check it now. ;) ((URL) until moderation kicks in.) Cheers! Koyan (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

(...) Well, if Koyan weren't so modest I wouldn't have to! :-) But apparently he is, so I will continue to toot his horn periodically for those who might not have heard it;-) JOHN (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC New Uacs Silo Car

Hello Ludo, Hoe gaat het met je ? Nu ik schrijf in Engel :) In lugnet.trains, Ludo Soete wrote: [...] (...) file with several .ldr in it instead. Can you check please? I am interested to understand how you managed to render this cylindrical (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

(...) (URL) I can't remember where I originally downloaded it from :( (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

"Didier Enjary" <d.enjary@wanadoo.fr> wrote in news:IIH65w.1t15@lugnet.com: (...) I'm working on that. ;) (...) The classic space gallery is one of the oldest though. I'm not entirely happy with the renderings anymore, so I'll be replacing them as (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

(...) Very good job koyan ! and thanks to John for highlighting the gallery. Well, too much space stuff and not enough train stuff :-) ...check the classic space gallery seems to be complete , that's just amazing. Renderings looks very good (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  MOC New Uacs Silo Car

Hi train freaks, I've just uploaded a rendering of a Uacs Silo Car. The car is build after information i found on the web site of the Swiss railroad, info at : (URL) some among us, i'll do have also some new 'Radar Disk 45729' in RED and wanted to (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Trolly

(...) Kind of reminds me of a (URL) steam tram> Just need to add a chimney and make a coach for it to pull! Tim (19 years ago, 21-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Trolly

(...) --SNIP-- (...) Hi Flip, I like the use of the 4x4 macaronis (or whatever they're called) to round out the front of the trolley. The colour scheme is quite nice too and I really like the way you've attached the handles to the door (may nick it (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trainset Poll

I forgot to mention a couple of things when I announced the polls(1), but all the thumbnails take you to a bigger picture if you don't know the train in question and all the Suggested by... links take you to original suggesting post for more details (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

If you are an a newsagents soon, check out this month's Continental Modeller (July O6), it has an interesting Russian layout in it (built by a Brit living the US as far as I can gather!) Tim (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  E/SMUs (was Re: Trans-Siberian Railway)

(...) In the UK the classification is a bit difficult to describe. The best description is a 'unit train' i.e. one that runs as a fixed rake, with a driving cab at each end and its own motive power that cannot be used seperataly. Most passenger (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Nice Side Bar on .Train web page

(...) Well, thanks for the thanks, but also thanks for the content to put in the sidebar! Without you lot designing models then the sidebar would be empty! Tim (so other Tim, you are being useful!) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainset Poll

(...) I thoought the TGV would do well, it seems to have international appeal. As a matter of interest, do you think (URL) 7745> was based (loosely) on the TGV? Tim (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainset Poll

(...) Great to see the TGV doing so well! If only LEGO would pay attention. If they hurry up they can do it for the 25th year of the TGV being in service, being sep 27 1981 according to Wikipedia (a shame there are no pics of the old sud-est livery (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Nice Side Bar on .Train web page

(...) I'd like to jump in on this thanking too. It is so much more fun coming to .trains with the sidebar. Tim (not the useful sidebar one) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

"Samarth Moray @gmail.com>" <legoswami<NOSPAMMINGME!> wrote in message news:IIEEou.1vyE@lugnet.com... (...) Ahh, but you do not {need} to use a cutting utensil to modify... Rob (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) Actually you don't need to modify a fig to remove it's arm.... but that' a WHOLE other thing. Legoswami (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) I'd agree. I have a one-armed friend that could attest to that one. And no, he's not a modified minifig... Rob (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) Yeah I think that's the right meaning. When in doubt, produce pics: (URL) not sure you would call this 'light' (wink) but it's what I was referring to, anyway.... Let it also be known that leaning out of a running train is one of the most (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) What exactly does "suburban" mean in this context?.. is it like the US "commuter" (meaning that the train is primarily put on to serve people coming and going to and from work, and typically is heavy rail rather than light rail or trolley, and (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote: What I don't quite get with the EMU designation is what's the difference (...) Here those terms are actually pretty much synonymous with each other. All our suburban trains are EMUs anyway. (...) (Sorry, I (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) EMU - Electric Multiple Unit DMU - Diesel Multiple Unit These terms are not commonly used in the US I don't think(1). But the idea is that the train isn't "locomotive hauled" but rather more than one of the "cars" has a power truck, either (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Nice Side Bar on .Train web page

(...) Thank Tim, he does all the work around .trains lately... (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) Tim, your model is very nice. I live in Russia (and used to live in SU before). When I was a student, I travelled with these trains a lot. Since Russian is my native language I can help you to translate something to English with a pleasure (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New MOC: Trolly

Hello Everyone! Just another MOC but this is a first for me. Its an Trolly with a removeable top and a rounded skirt bottom. (URL) Trolly Front>> (URL) Trolly Side>> Visit (URL) for more pictures of the inside and out in my gallery. Hope you guys (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Anyone else going to BrickFest this year with a train in tow?

Hi All, I was wondering who was going to BrickFest this year and what you're bringing? And how about a list of MOCs you want others to bring so you can see them in person! Also, does anyone want to hear about a specific topic in a session; DCC, BBB (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Nice Side Bar on .Train web page

I was just noticing the side bar, and it being updated frequently and wanted to say... Thanks guys for keeping the "neighborhood" looking nice and up to date! SteveB (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) Engine: if there is a window in front on the enterence, it is not for the public. Fronm the front enterence, there is only one turn - into the compartment. There are a closed door for the staff. Going into the compartment, from front, there is (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

--SNIP-- (...) Sonnich, Thanks for your comments, links and advice. I'll try to tak as many of these comments into account for version 3 of the train. Looking at the pictures I can see the small window but can't tell if it is always to the front of (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) Very good MOCs. You have catche the rounded shape very well. I have some of them on one ofg my old pages: (2 URLs) Russian gallery: (2 URLs) It is an ER2 or ER9, most common types - there are EMUs, they run all over the former sovjet union as (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trainset Poll

(...) Me too. (1) Although I think the 'financially viable' poll is a lot easier, I think that picking the most famous sets like the Scotsman, or the shinkasen(sp) would probably be best. (...) LMAO! Legoswami (1) ALTHOUGH I can't vote anyway.... (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trainset Poll

(...) Hey, this isn't JLug! the problem was that I wanted it to be more than a just 'pick one' type poll, but the other options, such as rating each set, would be a mammoth task just to complete it. I suppose I could have done it as an order of (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trainset Poll

(...) Er, well, with the first poll, I have a problem. You said "don't pick them all" but I WOULD buy them all. Every one of those is a worthy enough suggestion that I'd buy it if it came out. So now what? (insert "this poll is flawed" snide remark (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Trainset Poll

Well after much messing around in the background (1)I have finally finished the poll entries. I have changed it from what I (URL) originally envisioned>. There are now two polls, each one contains all the entries, whether complete set or (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  It's coming (new hint daily)

Hi- SCLTC is up to something big. We will post a hint daily. You are invited to guess what we are doing. If, by chance, you know what we're doing, then it would not be a guess for you to respond here. Have fun! -Ted Michon SCLTC (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  M>ltc at Morwell, June 11-13

M>ltc displayed our current layout at the Latrobe Valley Train Show on June 11-13. All went pretty well, and as it was the same layout as we (URL) displayed at Pakenham>, I decided not to take pics of our layout. But for those interested, I've (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains.org.mltc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spanish Brotli-Bahn Swiss Adler

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote: --SNIP-- (...) Wow, James - Wow. How do you DO this so consistently??? Best, Paul Sinasohn (19 years ago, 18-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Nominations for a trainset poll

(...) It would be good to see this done "officially" This one is modelled on the Hornby 75ton breakdown crane but has gone through a few revisions since the photo. (URL) was actually going to post this in the next few days as well :) (19 years ago, 18-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Nominations for a trainset poll

Right, its been a long time but I've finally got myself into gear to create the content for the poll so I can create the actual poll itself quite quickly Most of my ideas for entries already seems to have been done by James Mathis so here are a (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) Thanks to your links I made some carriages and uploaded some new pictures. Very useful! Thanks again, Tim (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

--SNIP-- (...) --SNIP-- I do prefer the Pendolino to the Voyager (and they are much more comfortable to travel in) but mostly it was the challenge of working out how to do the front in a six-wide train. I have to say that it's quite a challenge to (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) I'd missed the Pendolino, thats a nice model of a difficult (in Lego) prototype, and I agrre with James on the bit below the windscreen. To me its one of the non-obvious, but actually quite simple ideas that is very effective. One thing I find (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) Thanks! The credit for that actually half belongs to my wife who told me that an original curvier design actually looked less curvy and helped me refine it. The funny thing about that model is that the brick version looks narrower than the CAD (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spanish Brotli-Bahn Swiss Adler

(...) I'm not sure, but consider the following may be unavailable: 1x1 brick with studs on 5-sides, yellow 2x2 complex slope outside corner, brown 9v motor wheel shroud, red 1x4x2 multi-curved brick, green, brown, red, blue (on roof) 1x2x2 classic (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) Timothy, You are getting a really nice collection of models going here. The Pendolino is quite smart looking. I really like you solution for the black curved part beneath the windscreen. This Russion Trans-Siberian set is a good brutish (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spanish Brotli-Bahn Swiss Adler

(...) That is such a cute train. I saw your model while flicking through brickshelf the other day and thought at first you had made a sort of old-fashioned toy train until I saw the name and realised that it must have existed. Very nice take on it. (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spanish Brotli-Bahn Swiss Adler

(...) Yes! (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spanish Brotli-Bahn Swiss Adler

(...) Hi James, As always, a verry nice model! Should be made available through S@H as collectors item, isn't it? Keep the trains running! Regards, Ludo (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) Thanks for those links. I think its the ER1. Since the whole thing is virtual (and will stay that way unless I bag a mysterious and large inheritance) I can build as many cars as I like! That said, I will try to build about five. (...) I tried (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Spanish Brotli-Bahn Swiss Adler

I may have the name incorrect. A few years ago, I thought that I saw this train set listed as a Swiss Adler. Adler may be the namesake of the locomotive, while Brotli-Bahn the train-- bread or breakfast role train, I think. Thanks to Big Ben Bricks (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

Looks like either an (URL)/(URL) ER2> (DC) or an (URL) early ER9> (AC) see (URL) this page> for a list of Russian EMU types. I haven't found any images in the same livery as the ones you found tho'. The other coaches look pretty simple, just the (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

(...) My favourite bit too. Originally the cowcatcher was attached upside-down which made it even more snotty but the front wheels looked stupid so far back. (...) I would have had to make it all in Smoke to differentiate from the Clear front window (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trans-Siberian Railway

SNIP What I like the most here is the use of a SNOT wheel holder as the front lamp. Smart idea. Quite stealable. You seem to have captured the proto quite well, and the windows are a refreshing change. Dunno why you picked solid colours though. If (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Trans-Siberian Railway

Dear all, Just uploaded pics of my rendition of a Russian EMU that runs one of the legs of the Trans-Siberian railway. Not sure of the name and class of it as the only railway fan pictures I could find were on a Russian site in Russian (x-posted to (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ru, FTX)

  Re: Cincinnati!

Hope you can make it John! SteveB (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Steve - is that you in Business Week?

Ah ha! So that's what it takes to get Matt to post to .trains! Gosh Matt, long time no hear, I hope all is well with you and your family. Yes as others have already posted that is us. And yes there is a paragraph where Jake and I are indeed quoted. (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Cincinnati!

Well, I just made my hotel reservations for NMRA. Now, to convince my boss he can survive without me for a few days! <fingers crossed> JohnG, GMLTC (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Steve - is that you in Business Week?

(...) Only rolling stock, not the engines. They keep slapping my hand if I get too close. (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Steve - is that you in Business Week?

(...) That's so CUTE how the big boys let you play with the trains too, Binky... (19 years ago, 15-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Steve - is that you in Business Week?

Yep, it is indeed Steve B, along with a few fellow members of GPLR... (URL) Filz at left, Steve Barile in the middle, myself on the right, and Dave VinZant's arm popping the Santa Fe's lid. It's the lead image for the cover story... pretty good, (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Steve - is that you in Business Week?

(...) (URL) required) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MAN Midibus in city scale with opening doors

(...) Luca, the bus looks great, I think I'll try making one. I'm reposting to .trains as well. It's not a train, but it would go nicely withe a town layout, and the mirrior and door technique could be usefel for some types of train. Mat (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Hey, Steve - is that you in Business Week?

? (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO @ NMRA National Train show

(...) This info was on the iltco mailing list, but maybe some club reps did not forward it to all, or members simply forgot, so here is a set-up refresher: We plan to start setting up on WEDNESDAY JULY 6, around 1-2 PM. According to NMRA, it will (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO @ NMRA National Train show

Paul has final word on this, but I think we are able to drop off our stuff, maybe arrange tables on the floor, and hopefully get some time to actually set the tables up. I do know for certain that there is a strict policy about how many vehicals (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC New Sgns Container car

(...) Merci Philippe pour votre reponse! Now i continue in English. These cars go with my new station (MOC proto type version : (URL)) to Lego World 2005(Zwolle - Holland)! Concerning the lenght / width of a car i build, i use a verry simple (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Tricked out Switch Track

As promised, (URL) some pics> of Ross' solution for the points. JOHN (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC New Sgns Container car

Hello Ludo, (...) Thanks for this nice freight car. Hope to see the real moc soon. I would like to comment on the scale you used. From the link provided, I could read that the base of the car was 2259+/-2mm wide. If I calculate from your scale (1 (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC New Sgns Container car

(...) Additional info: The Sgns_version2.LDR use a unofficial part, the 30663.dat A MOC version of this part can be found in the CAD/LDraw Files/Parts directory on Lugnet or use this direct link : (URL) file 30663.dat should be placed in the (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  KCCUSA Summer Block Party

(URL) 5 statues together>> As promised in this (URL) teaser> thread... I am happy to (at long last) announce that Milton Train Works™ has been, as overall contractor, with significant help from members of MichLUG, working in partnership with (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.aquazone, FTX) !!

  Re: Who is UR on Brickshelf

(...) the .ldr files have now been uploaded, if you haven't already seen (URL) (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: ILTCO @ NMRA National Train show

(...) Why the heck was this posted in market.shopping?? :confused: x-posted to .trains! (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  MOC New Sgns Container car

Hi train freaks, I've just uploaded a rendering of a 40-Feet container (LxWxH cm = 1219 x 244 x 259) (24studs x 6studs x 6bricks) and accompanying train car. For the container, only the lenght is to scale, not the witht and height, To be on scale, (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just in time for Father's Day: TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Available Now

(...) I got mine today!! Great set!! I build it immediately, and the pieces are all usefull. I'll be back for more.... Paul (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Just in time for Father's Day: TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Available Now

I noticed the other day on S@H that the estimated shipping date for the Intermodal Car in the U.S. was still June 17th. I checked again this evening and low and behold it is available now... Just in time for Father's Day!!!!! (URL) (19 years ago, 10-Jun-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dallas DART light rail

(...) James, I work in Dallas and I can see these trains outside my window all day long. Great job! Eric (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Dallas DART light rail

Here is a first-go at the (URL) Dallas DART light rail commuter train>. The goal for this set was to implement a half-plate thick black line across the side of the train to better match the (URL) livery of the DART>. While I think I do have the (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: San Diego Coaster (Custom Livery)

(...) I have now uploaded an LDraw file and rendered image of the mods I made to strengthen the nose/coupler section: (URL) The 1x4 technic brick with 1/2 pins locate in the tubes of the 2x4 green slope above, which strengthens the structure without (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: San Diego Coaster (Custom Livery)

The Coaster is a commuter train that serves portions of San Diego (California) County. To read more about the Coaster, check out these to sites... (URL) Original Message ----- In lugnet.trains, Tim Gould wrote: Wow! That's such a nice train and I (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: San Diego Coaster (Custom Livery)

In lugnet.trains, Martin Long wrote: SNIPPED That is one pretty train. I must commend you on such a fine rendition of James Mathis' work. BTW don't you just love the fact that smoke 1x2x2 panels can be found in any number desired these days, thanks (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: San Diego Coaster (Custom Livery)

(...) Wow! That's such a nice train and I really like the colours. Lovely work from both Martin and James. How far/fast does the real thing travel? It looks like a mid-speed longish distance train. Once again, fantastic work! Tim (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with short circuit

(...) There's a simple way to tell if it's a short, or just loss of power. If you get a short circuit, the green light on the controller goes very dim. If it's just that no power is getting to the track, your motor may stop moving but the controller (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: San Diego Coaster (Custom Livery)

Martin, Very nice! I since changed the coloring on mine by adding a teal stripe giving it a more Coaster specific color scheme (I'll try to post some pics). My friend and SPLTC cohort Paul Thomas ((URL) built a set using Metrolink colors last year (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  San Diego Coaster (Custom Livery)

Just wanted to share some photos of my recent build: (URL) My Brickshelf Gallery: (URL) Firstly, all credit for the design goes to James Mathis who posted the LDraw build on his Brickshelf pages some time ago. Interestingly, James tells me that he (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: TCLTC's version of Mathis Club Trolley

(...) Cool, James. Thanks for taking the time. That curved front reminds me that I forgot to take a pic of the controls-- it is possible to stand a fig (without a hat) at the controls: (URL) (...) Yes, I like that! (...) Neato. I think that we are (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with short circuit

(...) Mitch - You're seeing a feature of the selection of the switches, and the train won't derail if the switch is set against the direction of travel. See (URL) for more details on how switches work. Switches direct trains and current, so if you (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  BayLTC in Danville!

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark rclark@telis.org 408.605.5412 (cell) SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) is pleased to announce that we will be displaying at the Museum of the San Ramon Valley in Danville, (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.western, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: TCLTC's version of Mathis Club Trolley

(...) And, now, I have tried a modified version of the Ross and John trolley. The roof is lengthened only; no change to make the roof one-piece. The front windows are curved, but the hinges are outboard-- no increase in height. I think this (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with short circuit

(...) Well in that case, I stand corrected - it is not a reversing loop and should work fine. It should not short at all. If it is, I would suggest replacing the points, as they are likely to be the cause of the short. ROSCO (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with short circuit

(...) Rosco, Thanks. Maybe it is working the way you describe. But in your diagram you have two left hand switches. I have a right and a left so my diagram would make the internal track look like an upside down 'V' rather than a diagonal slash. If (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with short circuit

(...) If you're getting a short, then you have a reversing loop. I'm guessing it looks something like this: /----\ | _/ If so, you definitely have a reversing loop. You can work around it by insulating the inside section of track completely and (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Help with short circuit

Here's the layout: an oval with a left and a right hand turnout. The turnouts turn into the oval and are connected with track. Nothing complicated here. If I switch both turnouts to the inside I get a short. If I switch only one to the inside and (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: TCLTC Style Track Details

(...) Thanks for that John. I doubt M>ltc will have enough tiles to do our entire layout anytime soon, but we may look at doing it a bit at a time, because I think it looks really good. It's may also look OK with lt grey tiles - many aus railroads (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Samsonite 118 Train set

(...) (URL) exchange rate 1968? (...) Thanks Gary, for letting me know about the exchange rate. I assume the catalogue price has been without tax, so all in all the prices have been on similar levels. (...) Yes there are a few minor design changes: (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact