 Trains / 25394
Re: ILTCO @ NMRA National Train show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:58:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:
   Paul has final word on this, but I think we are able to drop off our stuff, maybe arrange tables on the floor, and hopefully get some time to actually set the tables up.

I do know for certain that there is a strict policy about how many vehicals from each club is in the convention center at way one time (I think 3). This includes special passes etc to keep track. And also how long each vehical can stay in the center (I’m sure long enought to completely unpack). It is sugested by the NMRA to rotate the member’s cars.

I’m pretty sure here is a thread on this on our organizer’s list. And also that Paul will send out highly detailed instructions a few day before the show.

SteveB

This info was on the iltco mailing list, but maybe some club reps did not forward it to all, or members simply forgot, so here is a set-up refresher:

We plan to start setting up on WEDNESDAY JULY 6, around 1-2 PM. According to NMRA, it will take me 1-1.5 hour to get the passes at the office (which opens at noon, and not a minute earlier I’vbe been told), after that, we will be able to drive into the building. In case you’ll not get future posts, or there is too much email-traffic and things get lost, note the ILTCO-layout is in Area 840, and someone (most likely myself) will be there to answer questions about passes from ~1.30-2 PM on.

We will (should) get 5 passes to drive into the building, but we are only allowed 1 car at a time for our layout. You will even need a pass to get in the line of cars/vans/trucks that is waiting to get in the building (so that is where the other 4 passes come in handy).

The Lego layout has been granted permission to start setting up on Wednesday, we should use that time. Many clubs have confirmed that they will be able to make it by Wed ~1 PM. Note that Thursday, all dealers will also be allowed to drive in and set-up as well. It will be much harder (or potentially impossible!) to drive with a trailer, so for those clubs that have larger areas, try to get your trailer there at ~1 PM.

Wednesday, will start setting up tables, and time permitting, we will start with the layout. Although each attendee is looking after their club layout primarily, I hope that we all realize that we’re in this together, and we’ll help clubs that need some help, so we all can enjoy the social event.

Also, there may be things that need to be done that are for the entire layout, like setting stanchions or setting up the community railyard. I hope that when I approach some of the larger clubs to lend me a hand that this request will be gladly accommodated with a big smile!!

See you in Cincy!!

Paul Janssen, NMRA show coordinator