 Trains / 25407
Re: Trans-Siberian Railway
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:50:41 GMT

Looks like either an ER1/early ER2 (DC) or an early ER9 (AC) see this page for a list of Russian EMU types. I haven’t found any images in the same livery as the ones you found tho’. The other coaches look pretty simple, just the same as the main body of the driving car, however there are nine coaches in a set so it might need some selective compression!

I like your model, that front end is pretty difficult to render. I’m sure there are medium or sand or even Maersk blue parts to do the stripe, its just plates isn’t it? I also think that the pantograph should actually be on the on of the intermediate coaches, its difficult to tell from the photo’s you have but its more clear in some of the ones above. That shouldn’t be difficutl to modify tho’

Tim

see also ER1 ER2 ER9