 Trains / 25429
Re: Trans-Siberian Railway
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:17:01 GMT

--SNIP--

Comments: Good model, I recoqnised it immidiately, but: The cars have one small window in one end, all others are “normal” sized. The pantograph are on the 2nd car and from there on on every 2nd car - for at 4 car train that is still 2 pantographs. The longest trains drving are 12 cars long AFAIK. Some Eestonian trains have been rebuilt with a new cap (they were just cars before) to become an engine. The pantographs should be app 2 studs from the end to make it real. The through ways between the cars are missing too, dont know if that is on purpose.

Sonnich,

Thanks for your comments, links and advice.

I’ll try to tak as many of these comments into account for version 3 of the train. Looking at the pictures I can see the small window but can’t tell if it is always to the front of the train or changes front/back carriage by carriage. Knowing the panto is only on every second car also means I can fix that (very easy to do thanks to the modular design of the train).

The through way is there but I could find no picture so I made it up based on what Australian trains of similar age have as a through way (open to the world with handles so you don’t fall off). Could you tell me what sort of through way the real trains have? A simple description (like concertina with swing door) would be quite enough as I will have to compress and Lego-ify everything anyway.

I’d really like to make the Lego model as accurate as possible (within selective compression etc.) as I like the real thing very much. If you have any more advice on it, could you please let me know (by email if you prefer).

Thanks,

Tim