 Trains / 14986
Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 02:38:43 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bryan Kinkel writes:
Here is the direct link to the Brickshelf scan -

I wonder if there will eventually be matching passenger cars for the beauty?
Or perhaps Lego Direct will offer bulk yellow and red train doors & windows
so we can build our own...

Bryan

They already offer the correct color: Grey.  Yellow and red would be wrong.

Santa Fe never had passenger stock of any significant in those colors. They
used dark green during the heavyweight era (since much of their stock was
Pullman owned or at least operated) and stainless in the streamliner era.

So grey is the closest color... since the engine has grey trucks and grey
back instead of silver trucks and stainless back.