 Trains / 15040
Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 06:11:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Musil writes:
Since, I don’t have a copy of the new catalog yet, I have been staring at
the scanned images.  On the top right hand side of the picture, is another
picture of the inside of the engine.  Looking at the caption below it says
"Open the roof to see inside the locomotive."  It appears to me that the two
pictures of the locomotives are different.  In the top picture, the
locomotive looks smaller in size, does not have the walk threw portal on the
back, nor does it have the classic "F" shape to the front of the cab.  It
appears that the top picture is closer to a "GP-20" by the stubbiness of the
front structure.  The bottom picture looks closer to an "F unit", but the
picture does not actually represent an "F unit."  The bottom picture looks
as if it represents an Alco unit.  Santa Fe used both F units (made by GM)
and Alco units (made by the American Locomotive Company) in the classic
warbonnet color scheme.  I’m wondering if the BIG picture of the F unit is
the limited edition and maybe the small picture on the top of the Alco unit
will be produced after they sale all of the limited edition sets??!!

You're thinking too hard.  The top of the picture is just the removeable
top, and the bottom of the picture shows the interior.  As for the
appearances that the two locomotives are different sizes, I counted studs,
and estimate that both pictures show a locomotive about 32 studs long.  it's
just a perspective issue that makes the big picture seem a different size.

Adrian