 Trains / *6869 (-100)
  Re: Metro Terminus - Work in progress

(...) glass (...) Well, I just realized how to get the IP address, but it won't work (presumably because of the way the vanity hostname is processed). Is there another URL which works? Frank (who is getting really tired of AIX) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 138

(...) Someone once paid DM 950 for a sealed 138 (not to me though, I'd have kept it). T.F. (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Lunar Mining Colony

(...) Brian, Copernicus City is amazing and inspiring. I hope my future space colonies have a fraction of your detail. Let us know when the next pics are up. George (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Work in progress

(...) What's the IP address for this page? Netscape 3.01 can't resolve hostnames with more than 32 characters. (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lunar Mining Colony

(...) Excellent. I love models on a grand scale. (currently constructing a 6x48stud baseplate station myself) The track is crying out to disappear into a tunnel where it meets the rockface. What explosives do you plan to use to move the legorock? (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

  Re: Would anyone here pay $500 for a MISB 7710 train?

My question would be, "How Bad do you want it and why"? Since I got back into lego I always asked myself while surfing ebay for Trains, "You've got to be kidding me they want how much for that"? I'm sure most of us with spare pieces around could (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Would anyone here pay $500 for a MISB 7710 train?

(...) I wouldn't pay more for a copy than Abner did for his. I forget what he paid exactly but it was a MINT and I do mean MINT in sealed MINT box copy... it still smelled new when he took the shrinkwrap off in front of us and the box hadn't even (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Train Cab for 4559 & Guestbook Check

Hello everyone. I was experimenting with my 4559 Cargo Railroad and I stummbled across a cool thing. If you happen to have an extra black train cab and a lower yellow train half (?) you can build another copy of the train cab perfectly w/o buying (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Would anyone here pay $500 for a MISB 7710 train?

(...) but would anyone pay that much for an old whizzle controlled 4.5 V train from the very early 70s. number is 118/138. (yes, i do have one) rufus t. (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Lunar Mining Colony

I scrounged grey parts from every set I have then threw in a handful of grey brick packs (5145) and some large grey baseplates acquired at discounts. For dark grey BURPS you've gotta love 6494 Mystic Mountian Time Lab, 6087 Knight Lords Castle, and (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

  Re: Lunar Mining Colony

(...) More rolling stock is in the plans for when the mining operation gets up to speed and the associated industrial complex is established. The first priority was to survive and establish the initial base. Brian P.S. The dark grey mountain houses (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

  Re: Lunar Mining Colony

(...) Hey, love the story. it's great and well done! (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

  Re: Lunar Mining Colony

Brian, Nice work! Can’t wait to see more pictures... That is allot of gray parts on your moonscape, I like, I like :) Build on... Robin W GFLTC/GFLUG (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

  Re: Lunar Mining Colony

(...) I was wondering why this was posted to .trains... now I know. Very cool. Some nice touches there. I like the focus on practical (bootstrapping is a viable technique for building an extraterran industrial infrastructure) as well as the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

  Lunar Mining Colony

I've updated my web site with pictures of my lunar mining colony - Copernicus City. The Prologue and Chapter I show the inception and construction of the initial base on my 4'x8' lunar landscape. Future chapters will follow its development into a (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.space)

  Re: Going to update the "LUGMAP" need your help...

(...) Here is one: The Dutch General User Group "De Bouwsteen" introduced it's own website recently. Could you please include the following link: (URL) "De Bouwsteen" on the European General User Groups page. Greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: question on 'click-brick'

(...) Hello Daan, You where not the first one who's been wondering about these bricks. The answer can be found at (URL) I offer to buy several old service packs in one purcase, I often succeed in getting a dicount on the original prices, on accound (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  question on 'click-brick'

Hello, I've found in a shop nearby black bricks in a old service pack. Each contains 2 bricks. Size: 1x2x4. Color: Black. They don't have any connections for other bricks. Instead they have a part that's 'clickable'. The seller told me it is (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Green Machine has arrived

The solution, if it doesn't add too much bulk or weight, is to mount the small battery pack and drive the fiperoptics off of that, instead of off track power. - Greg (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Work in progress

(...) Not to me it wouldn't, it would sound more like a sympathy plea. :-) ++Lar (who can't remember exactly how many he has) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Work in progress

Very nice! :) I like the use of the big base plates. How sturdy do you find them? If you bump it by accident does it come apart at the top? Again, great work! Please post an announcement when you update your site with new pictures! Bob "lawrence (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Work in progress

(...) I could add I only have 3 Metroliners (but that would be boasting) regards lawrence (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Work in progress

(...) Obviously thats a possibility. However, I had planned on putting stuff on the platforms. Its probably not obvious on the picture, but half way down each platform there is already a staircase going down to the subway/underground (giving (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metro Terminus - Work in progress

(...) Wow! That is amazing, even for a teaser. VERY nice work, even incomplete. Some questions: - That's a lot of train shed for only 4 tracks... any chance to rearrange platforms (maybe with narrower platforms) to squeeze 6 in? Zurich hauptbahnhof (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  More detail pictures of grain transport

A friend of mine has published 8 more pictures of my grain waggons in SNOT technique on his great site www.1000steine.de . The direct link to the gallery with my pictures is: (URL) some people asked, how I connected the parts together, I decided to (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Metro Terminus - Work in progress

Though I would share with you the current state of Metro Terminus This is a large Terminus style station building that covers 6 48stub base plates (so pretty large!). It uses a further 4 baseplates for the roof over the platforms. Platforms will (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed Regulator

(...) Jeremy, you will have better luck posting in .market.b-s-t -- this NG is for train related discussions:-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed Regulator

I better thank Andy Evans for posting the Highway construction set on the internet. Thanks -Jeremy (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed Regulator

(...) with (...) If I (...) I still don't think I need the regulator. Um I am willing to trade for somethings. Such as the "Dumptruck" from this set (URL) , grey car parts such as grey left & right doors grey fenders ect, any type of doors or (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3225 at busy bee

(...) In order: Because I could, no they aren't and yes they are. :-) (I probably sold the 10 I got from Busy Bee rather too hastily last year at christmastime) The sets in question are (URL) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3225 at busy bee

(...) I am just curious. Why would you get supercars in Germany? Aren't they available here, or are these old supercars? Chris (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Green Machine has arrived

(...) Great job on the Green Machine! The very color itself is a nice touch,and it does look fast. -Harvey (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: 3225 at busy bee

(...) hehe... ya, well, 2 things 1) I've already plundered Busy Bee, didn't need to go there to do that. 2) I may be going to the UK in August, so lock up your daughters, er... rare sets. Ok, two more. 3) there are some parts of Germany I didn't get (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Green Machine has arrived

(...) You know I got inspired at the Saturday meeting, after running a few of those trains a bit faster they could handle I wanted to make one that could handle the abuse. So I built the Green Machine that evening. But how am I going to control the (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Green Machine has arrived

(...) Well James, when were you going to let your train club members know what you were up to? Fast trains.....last night I hooked up a 9v battery pack to a 9v train motor.... I was actually testing something else (lighting). But, I was amazed at (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Going to update the "LUGMAP" need your help...

(...) Sorry forgot that one too. I will add both to the update. Thanks, Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: 3225 at busy bee

(...) Look who's talking, Mr. Romp-through-Europe-...ttle-shops Pieniazek ;-) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Going to update the "LUGMAP" need your help...

Hey, How about NOLTC??? (URL) the five member strong GFLUG (Greater Florida LEGO Users Group) No web site for GFLUG yet, but we are working on it... Robin W. GFLUG (...) if (...) currently (...) details. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pics of WAMALUG's layout at Greenberg train and toy show, Chantilly, VA

(...) Yes! I would say that Lego Direct is starting to pay dividends already. ++Lar (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of WAMALUG's layout at Greenberg train and toy show, Chantilly, VA

(...) Totally loved those downtown buildings! Huge. The quantity of glass and the number of "stories" is jaw-dropping sky high. Glass?! That car showroom. Don't throw rocks. My favorite structure is the factory/chemical plant. Dark gray building (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3225 at busy bee

(...) In 1999 a crack team of LUGNETeers was sent to Busy-Bee, they promptly escaped (1) so if you have a problem and no-one else can help, and if you can find them, call the BB team... hehe :-) Carbon 60 (1) only spending half their wages. (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Going to update the "LUGMAP" need your help...

Hey folks, There have been a few changes since I last updated the Maps. (URL) of the changes I know about are in the US and a couple in Australia but if I am missing something please let me know. Here are the changes I am currently aware need to be (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bitter Bob makes it to LEGOland was: (Re: Follow the travels of Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar...)

(...) lol *he* was no problem; the car was a different matter but we figured it out;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gary's new EMAIL ID & announcements.....

(...) Excellent! I look forward to seeing them! (...) Have you done well enough to take the time to write a sample chapter or two of the "History of Lego" book you were considering at one point? I don't know how *seriously* you were considering it, (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3225 at busy bee

(...) ya ya, rub it in. :-) ++Lar (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the Kidvention

(...) Nobody's saying anything bad about your car! In fact, I like the way you did your roof. I was just curious as to who you were because I missed the announcement. (believe it or not, I don't actually read every single LUGNET post. :-) ++Lar (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Bitter Bob makes it to LEGOland was: (Re: Follow the travels of Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar...)

(...) Ouch, OK I guess things were not quite as good for Bob as they looked. Just hope all the GMLTC Horses and all the GMLTC Men where able to put him back together again. Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) My Creations at: (URL) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains)

  Check this out!

I just shot a pic of the plaque that Bill and Tim from the LLC model shop built for the GMLTC while at the Kidvention. Thanks again you guys! John (J-2) (URL) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Gary's new EMAIL ID & announcements.....

Folks, This Friday July 21 is my last day working at the University of Michigan. Therefore my current EMAIL id gistok@umich.edu will no longer work after that date. Yesterday I got my new home computer connected and internet access. My new EMAIL (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the Kidvention

(...) Thanks. And your green machine is certainly a remarkable achievement. :-)Remarkable because when my kids saw it, they remarked: "wow", "that's cool", and "is that actually a train?" :-) Which begged the question of "why don't YOU ever do stuff (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC at the Kidvention

(...) I would like to see the hole LTC/LUG Train in one shot. Did you get any pictures of the LDraw display? Biuld on... Robin W GFLTC (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: OK then I'll try again... more MOCS

(...) Mike, I love your yellow tankers as well. I think I will try your design first since it uses angled roof tiles for the sides of the tank instead of castle corner pieces. I've seen those sets at Wal-Mart before. I might get a couple now that I (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

Ok Robin, bring it on! Looks like we have a challenger. jt Robin Werner <robstormer@cs.com> wrote in message news:FxtnqG.6xC@lugnet.com... (...) prototypes. (...) a (...) the (...) a (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Green Machine has arrived

Ha!! Well no one ever said racing was a pretty sport. I was thinking of making a more challenging course with a few jumps to see if could land back on the track. It would be kind of a "Joey Chippwood" of the train circuit. I'm not sure I want to (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the Kidvention

(...) We are small, but trying :) Trying to do the Lego Modular thing from scratch is quite a bit of work. Once I finally get the first part done, I promise I'll get some pic's up so everyone can see what we have been ranting about for the last 6 (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC at the Kidvention

(...) all of the GMLTCers, but the reality turned out to be only minutes. The layout was terrific! I managed to be on hand just as the first trial run of the loaned LTC cars were being jammed past the bridge - OOPS, someone forgot to check the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 3225 at busy bee

(...) needed (...) Busy-Bee are a good company however shipping can be expensive so watch out for that. A 3225 will probably cost you $75 including shipping plus credit card charges. It can take over 2 weeks for delivery. I agree with Mike, best way (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bitter Bob makes it to LEGOland was: (Re: Follow the travels of Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar...)

(...) I doubt it-- you should have seen his face after "his" boxcar (among others) hit the pavement. Lots of bitterness left;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3225 at busy bee

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Mike Walsh (<Fxu7pA.HsF@lugnet.com>) wrote at 10:28:14 (...) Hee hee! Definitely top notch folks, but the easiest way to communicate is to go there - it's what I do :-) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC at the Kidvention

GMLTC, PNLTC and others, Please accept my most humble apologizes for not getting the PNLTC logo'd rolling stock to GMLTC for display at Kidvention. Our (PNLTC) intention was to be included with the other clubs in this historical demonstration of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC at the Kidvention

(...) On short notice (1 or 2 wks) It is the best we could do. Andrew Reynolds (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC at the Kidvention

(...) Oops. I went back and checked to see what was the matter-- I merely doubled the Mid South LTC. There were a total of 11 cars plus the loco (2 LUGs, 8 LTCs, and the GMLTC freddie) (...) We missed you, Lar. Good luck to your marriage;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Bitter Bob makes it to LEGOland was: (Re: Follow the travels of Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar...)

For those of you that are following Bitter Bob here is a picture of him at the LEGOLand Kidvention. (URL) don't know, I think he is looking perkier. I'd say the bitterness is probably wearing off. Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC at the Kidvention

(...) Look here Lar, (URL) the announcement. The reason I know this, is because I said the same thing when I saw thier car. (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC at the Kidvention

(...) there twice (clubtrain06.jpg and clubtrain07.jpg) Also, who is CMLUG? Thanks for posting these and congrats to the members of GMLTC who managed to make it out there (I was thinking about you but alas, could not make it, I was too busy buying (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC at the Kidvention

(...) And, *most* of the time it stayed on the tracks... Yes, we had a few crashes - some of the cars ended up on the concrete. But never fear, we managed to rebuild them! Our Alps printer decal experiment turned out OK. The decals were beautiful, (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  GMLTC at the Kidvention

J-1 pretty much covered the thank-yous to TLC, and I would like to thank all of the LTCs for sending us their cars to run. For the most part, we ran our "LTC" train the entire time we were there. Unfortunately and ironically, the one club that (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  GMLTC says "Thanks!" to LEGOLAND California

On behalf of all of us in the Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club, THANK YOU for allowing us to display our train layout at Kidvention 2000!! We were treated very well, and we had a great time. All the people we talked to (MCs and 'Guests') seemed to (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of WAMALUG's layout at Greenberg train and toy show, Chantilly, VA

(...) The layout looked great!!! I bet the crowds loved every inch of it. Some day I'm going to have to make it up there and see one of y'alls shows in person. I loved all the new rolling stock, and the downtown buildings. jt (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of WAMALUG's layout at Greenberg train and toy show, Chantilly, VA

(...) if you go to www.wamaltc.org you'll see our planned layout, it ended up being slightly different, but it's the jist :) Each square is 40.25" across... or 16 baseplates per square. the longer table is 40" X 60". (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of WAMALUG's layout at Greenberg train and toy show, Chantilly, VA

(...) a long way in a short time. NELUG has a long way to go to catch up. I have to get some more of those green service packs. I love the "Money Train"! Great work, Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO, Harry Potter & the Hogwarts Express?

(...) It would be nice- heck, I would probably even buy it (a good train set could get me really into trains) but unfortunately the Express plays a very small part in the book, and likely just as small of one in the movie. The big, expenseive sets (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3225 at busy bee

"steve duhoski" <scduhoski@aol.com> wrote in message news:Fxtu2v.DJB@lugnet.com... (...) has had (...) some (...) the (...) thought I (...) needed (...) spend (...) I placed an order with Busy Bee for my brother-in-law a couple weeks ago which (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Green Machine has arrived

(...) How about an action sequence of the train bursting through a wall of Jar-Jars or something? Oh, I noticed the operator has two control levers in the cockpit. It seems to me a speed hog like this thing would have an accelerator pedal and (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  3225 at busy bee

Hi to all, I am a new soul when it comes to trains, and I was wondering if anyone has had any success recently in obtaining a 3225 from busy bee? I had followed some earlier threads on this topic and was considering trying my hand at doing the same. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of WAMALUG's layout at Greenberg train and toy show, Chantilly, VA

The layout looks really good :) Have you got a diagram of the track layout? perhaps done using Matthew Bates' track designer? I'm always curious as to the configuration of loops/crossings etc. Thank in advance Santosh (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of WAMALUG's layout at Greenberg train and toy show, Chantilly, VA

You guys jam! I looked at all of the pics! The sturtures,the rolling stock, the gardening! I wish I could have seen it in person! SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Green Machine has arrived

You go boy! That has got to be the uglyest train I have ever seen in my life ;D I bet that it could make it thru a Ben Fleskes Robostness course. Over jumps, off the edge of tables, eveb the BF "sqeeze it til it snaps" test! How about a loop the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: The NOLTC is growing by leaps and bounds!

Nope, you are right the server is down. I am trying new software, and apparently it is not working. I just restarted it. I guess I'll have to look into the problem, or I'll go back to the old software. As far as I can tell the error message is a red (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: OK then I'll try again... more MOCS

Hi John, Mike is right... <<Grey ones can be found in 6748 Boulder Cliff Canyon. (URL) As for the gray corners, I have bought several collections that had many gray corner walls elements (I think they are from castles sets). I actually ran out of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Pics of WAMALUG's layout at Greenberg train and toy show, Chantilly, VA

Well, it's all over now... Here's some pics and mpgs :) (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Green Machine has arrived

That's pretty darn cool James! I see you've picked up a few of those "Green Service Packs". ;-) You certainly have put them to good use! BTW: I got my 4559's in the mail Friday. I'll be stepping off the deep end in to trains pretty soon. - Greg (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Green Machine has arrived

(...) James, COOL! I'm in! Lets race! It must meet my FireStorm Racing Train... I don't have any pictures of it:( But I will take some soon! Build on... Robin W. GFLTC (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  The Green Machine has arrived

I've built the standard LEGO train sets. I've built a few LEGO prototypes. But the time had come for me to build a train that breaks all boundaries, a train that can run at full speed on even the toughest of layouts, a train that makes you say (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: The NOLTC is growing by leaps and bounds!

(...) Chris, You go! Get two more members and you will catch us:) Is your server is down or is it just me? ~~~...~~~ The server could not complete the request at this time because of limited resources (such as out of memory or disk space). ~~~...~~~ (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My current project, a train station

(...) Hello Frank, Maybe you don't have to wait until then. I'm a member of the dutch Lego club "De Bouwsteen". They held regular meatings and sometimes I build up a train layout there. Until now I've done layouts on my own (and mostly with standard (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  The NOLTC is growing by leaps and bounds!

The NOLTC has just doubled its membership, from 1 to 2 members. In honor of the club's new member I have changed the intro picture on my homepage. (URL) joined the club on July first and his mother and I are happy to have him around. Chris (24 years ago, 16-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My current project, a train station

"Robin Werner" <robstormer@cs.com> wrote in message news:Fxss9w.6K5@lugnet.com... (...) you (...) Thanks! I have a lot to build a nice town, unfortunately I don't have enough space to setup a town - most models sit on shelves or one the storage (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: P42DC Amtrak Loco with SOUND

Great work Kevin, What did you use for the latch on the door that hides the codepilot? I am not sure what you mean by "when the sensor reads in", did you find room for that special white gear thing? I tried, and tried on a coal tender, and finally (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My current project, a train station

Frank, Great work, Keep it up! I hope your parts come soon, so you can finsh the roof. I like how it fits on a large gray base plate and how you used parts from <set:7824> and <set:4555>. I also like all the cool pre-Town Jr. sets you have, you need (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

"John Warren" <warren71@webtv.net> wrote in message news:FxsK86.3At@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Grey ones can be found in 6748 Boulder Cliff Canyon. (URL) boulder has four facet top bricks sand four facet bottom bricks in grey. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: OK then I'll try again... more MOCS

(...) I've got a question Steve. What sets did you use to get all of those grey octogon pieces and caps you used to make those three tank cars? They look great! John (24 years ago, 16-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  My current project, a train station

Hi, I'm currently working on a trainsatation, since I'm waiting for the bulk packs of black slopes I took some pictures of the building in progress... (URL) a train station with two platforms, and three tracks. It features a walkway to move between (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Collision Avoidance of trains using LEGO Mindstorm

Hello all, I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this to or not. I've been working with my Mindsotrm set of late and have created a program that will control and detect when two trains cross at a crosstrack. My program will stop once track (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO, Harry Potter & the Hogwarts Express?

"The LEGO Company Is Granted Global Harry Potter License." I saw this in the paper and there is a press release on lego.com I was wondereind what sets they will produce apart from a minifig with glasses. Then I realsised that one of the books has a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: OK then I'll try again... more MOCS

(...) Ah, that is why the 1x1 cylinders are there, huh? I was wondering what they were for. If backwards is a problem the thing that pops to mind is, does the rounded technic beam need to pivot? If not maybe it could be locked down in two places? I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: OK then I'll try again... more MOCS

<verbose on> Thanks for the comments guys. I really like the feedback (and its fun to show off a bit). Sometimes you're just too close to your own designs to make valid crtiques. Boxcar Doors They do not slide. I used technic beams with the stud-end (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: OK then I'll try again... more MOCS

Hey Steve, I really like your work. One question regarding (URL) similar. How did you do the sliding doors? Eric Kingsley did something similar on his box cars and sent a short explanation. He did his with single stud 1x2 plates as the 'rails' on (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: OK then I'll try again... more MOCS

(...) Sometimes when you put up so much stuff, there is too much to talk about, so I just look. (...) Still love those box cars. The State of Maine one could really use some decals. With decals it would look perfect. Also, I am glad you have both (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: OK then I'll try again... more MOCS

(...) Well, it's not necessary that I comment on EVERY train MOC posted, you know. :-) (...) wheel hubs as cylindrical sections, and using them vertically the way you did is an idea worth more exploration. Not sure it's prototypical, though. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact