 Trains / 6520
Re: OK then I'll try again... more MOCS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 19:02:34 GMT

sebarile-MOBL wrote:

Hi All,
I was hoping to get some discussion going so I posted a ton of MOCs on
BrickShelf. Sure I'm fishing for some complements and even some comments from
Lar ;D, but really just wanted to share some ideas. With that said... (even
URLs)

Sometimes when you put up so much stuff, there is too much to talk about, so I
just look.

Freight
3x center beam lumber cars, 2x PNLTC box cars, 3x tank cars, 1x propane tank
flatbed, 2x small gondolas, 1x spool flatbed.

Still love those box cars. The State of Maine one could really use some decals.
With decals it would look perfect.

Also, I am glad you have both the 1x2 ladder piece approach and the 1x2 funky
plate piece approach to making a ladder. I have not decided with I like better.
The funky plate approach lets the colors show through; the ladder piece approach
causes problems with the part of the ladder that is the wrong color. Concerning
the funky plate approach, did you try the funky plates with two, instead of one,
plate between the plates? How did it look? Too far appart? I like the way you put
the ladders 1 stud in from the corner. I know that the ladders should be at the
corners, but the color mismatch that results is more distracting to me than the
misplacement of the ladder.

Love those fake doors.They are plates attached to technic beams by 1/2 rivets,
right? Sometimes I think the fake doors look better than the LEGO sliding doors.

Coaches
I reduced the thickness of the purple stripe to one row of bricks on the
Rhiengold coaches. Here's a few shots on my layout of all 4 coaches. Also a
couple works-in-progress of a blue and red pair of coaches. I hope to make a
green and yellow version as well.
This just in I reworked the red and blue to shorter "old time" pullmans.

Interesting coupler. Do you need that coupler because the wheels are so far from
the ends of the car? Also, very interesting step design; too bad it uses hinge
parts

Misc
A funky 6 wide monorail sub, 3x United Airlines planes (old colors), 1x yellow
airplane, and last but not least a PNLTC coffee mug!

Cool, "20,000 Leagues under the Monorail".

Later,
Chris

Thanks to Kevin M. Loch for Brickshelf!
SteveB